xx
Chapter 7
It was evening when Khushi came in Mr. Dave's cabin to submit her first day work reports. She was a well organised worker to have, and Mr. Dave was already impressed with her. He asked her to wait for him in the cabin for two minutes as he got a call in between, from His - Mrs. Dave.
Khushi waited for a while and yawned due to stress. She was tired, but she was happy to work hard. She had always valued materialistic things, but not more than feelings. She was happy and satisfied with her contribution and dedication for her work from her side. She did well, and Mr. Dave was so looking forward to announce her as his favorite employee of the week.
**
Arnav had to reach the hotel – Welcome – to meet his clients, as one of his most awaited meetings was going to be held today. He reminded Aman to pick up his maa's saari and took Aman's bike keys as his own bike was in service, but on second thoughts, he returned them back, as he thought to take his car for the meeting. He arranged somehow for the same and got his car to his office, from where he had to leave for the meeting. He looked back, at the office before leaving and smiled as he remembered today's day.
Arnav left for the meeting and Aman left to pick Arnav's maa's saari, but not alone. He was accompanied by Lavanya, who joined him from a particular dark - street, which was at a reasonable distant from the office. They carried on with their romance, but in as a private affair. Lavanya was happy with Aman, and Aman too found a modern and smart, yet mature and cool girlfriend in her.
But before leaving, he forgot to tell Arnav, that Kanta bai wont be available, and so he had passed Arnav's home keys to Peppy, as she and Arnav resided in the building.
**
Mr. Dave's call ended and he studied Khushi's first day analysis on what she was assigned to do. Mr. Dave guided her softly on her mistakes and Khushi nodded understanding them.
Mr. Dave-anyway, u filled that form? Employee Details one?
Khushi-ah, ya, I did. And Sir, I left it just here, some where here, in the morning. Wait, let me see, it must be some where around.
Khushi searched the form along the files and other papers kept randomly on the table, and finally found it in minutes.
Khushi-here Sir, I have done it, I mean filled it.
Mr. Dave went through it and stopped when he saw the blank spaces yet to be filled.
Mr. Dave-erm, Miss Gupta, u still dint fill these two spaces? Why? Any issue?
Khushi-erm, Sir, I am still finding house to rent and, erm, ya,I will fill those up ASAP.
Mr. Dave- u mean u don't have any? Well, can I help u?
Khushi-ah, no no Sir, I will find one, soon. U don't need to take the trouble, thanks anyway.
Mr. Dave-no no Khushi, I wont take any trouble. U wait here, I will BRB.
Khushi was puzzled, where had Mr. Dave gone? She waited till Mr. Dave came in after a few minutes, but he was not alone.
Mr. Dave-khushi, meet Mr. Balraj Shah. He is related with The HR department.
Khushi (smiles and joins hands standing up from her seat) -namaste.
Mr. Shah-Good Evening Ms. Khushi. Plz be seated.
All settle down. Mr. Dave in his seat, and Khushi and Mr. Shah in the client chair – besides each other - opposite to Mr Dave.
Mr. Shah-Actually Ms. Gupta, we have a flat available, its vacant from I guess, erm, some 2 months or so, if u don't mind, u can move there. It's a facility for AR employees only.
Khushi-wow, I – I would love to Sir, but, but what will be the rent?
Mr. Dave- u don't worry about that Ms. Gupta, it will be adjusted with ur salary, also, its not much. As it's a privilege for AR employees, only some selected out the employees get this facility.
Khushi felt happy hearing this.
Khushi-that's so good to hear Sir. But I just joined, how can I - - I mean I - -
Mr. Dave-Khushi, I have seen more Diwalis [means (here) – days] than u, I can judge people in one day, trust me, I know what I am doing. U should grab this flat, its facilitated, and not much far from our office too. So, what say?
Khushi-thank You Sir. Thank You so much.
Mr. Shah-u need to just sign here, other things and the form filling, that toh we shall manage. Plz read carefully on the details of the terms and conditions carefully before signing.
Khushi signed the documents to rent AR flat.
Mr. Dave- u can move in today itself, but, erm, it might be a bit messy as it was closed from round like 2 months. But worry not, we will try to send someone to clear it up before u come. And ya, it's a furnished flat, but the ration and all, that u'll have to manage.
Over excited Khushi nodded yes on everything, and moved down with the address of Her new flat. She was told to collect the keys from the watchman (security guard) of the flat.
She thanked both – Mr. Dave and Mr. Shah and rushed down. She grabbed an auto and reached at Payal's in minutes. It was almost 7.00pm and Payal's parents were there too when she came. Khushi and Payal's dad made an entry together.
Khushi drank water and came out from the kitchen.
Payal's dad-khushi, beta, I found two flats, and a Private PG house too. We can go to see it when-ever u get time this week. But one problem, they are a bit far from ur office area.
Khushi-no uncle, I don't need any more help from u now, but thanks anyway.
**
Peppy had planned to go clubbing with her friends, and so, she knew she'd be late to be back. She gave Arnav's flat keys to the security guard and asked him to pass the same to Arnav when he returns. She changed, got dressed, and left leaving an un-known night behind with the keys.
**
Khushi explained how she got a flat today. It was all DM's blessings on them. They were all happy for Khushi. Khushi bag-packed her already packed luggage and bid adieu to Payal's family. She had decided to go alone, but Payal and her dad forcefully accompanied her to leave her till her New flat. The three reached there and asked the watchman for the keys. Watchman passed the keys as instructed to him earlier.
**
Khushi entered the flat on the 7th floor, all alone. Payal and her had left Khushi as soon as she got the keys. Khushi invited them to come to Her Place, but tomorrow, when she would clean it and make it presentable. They had agreed.
Khushi put the luggage at the side, and took out the key from her purse. She then entered the key in the door lock, and twisted it right to open her luck. To her surprise, the house looked almost neat. Maybe the cleaner had already come before her and cleaned it, as Mr Dave had told earlier today. She dint pay much attention to the fact that the kitchen was well maintained too.
**
Arnav's meeting went successful and he called Aman to give the good news. His phone was off, and so, Arnav left a Msg on Lavanya's number informing that the meeting was a success. He smirked thinking La would obviously pass his Msg to Aman. Arnav had his dinner with the same clients negotiating his terms and conditions for signing the contract on the next day. All went well, and Arnav started for His home. His desert would be waiting for him.
**
Khushi called her parent to inform about the same. They were happy for her and asked her to thank DM. They asked her to make some sweet and dedicate it to DM. Khushi entered the kichen to see bunch of farm - fresh carrots in the black vegetable basket. She opened other cupboards in the kitchen, to see packets of Noodles and Pasta.
'the old tenants must have forgotten these, I will clean them later', she thought that and opened the refrigrater to find out milk.
She gratted carrots as she found some vessels too. She made yummy gajar-ka-halwa (carrot sweet) and took some in a small bowl to feed her DM and thank her for everything.
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment