Thursday, January 24, 2013

Arshi s.s. - Hallucinations Chapter 6



 xx


Chapter 6

It was obvious for khushi that she had to get up early today, she could not delay on her first day at office. Payal’s parents were a working couple and had already left early today. Khushi was ready to leave, but she had some minutes spare. She had worn a light pink chudidaar dress today, and had made a choti (plated her hair.), which she put forward on her left shoulder. She and Payal were drinking hot coffee. Payal was busy text-ing someone, as always in her phone, and khushi was flipping newspaper pages finding a possibly good home in a presentable and reasonable locality, with an affordable budget. She came across some five advertisements, and circled three advertises out of them with her red marker, to select the best alternative from them, she was still waiting if Payal’s dad got her some better options.

After a while or two, she saw the time to be 8.15 am, and grabbed her purse and bid bye to payal. She got out of payal’s house, and hired an auto. In minutes she reached the office.

**
At office..

It was a busy day for Arnav, he had no time to spare and he was busy in making the final presentation for his meeting (at night) with the Verma’s and Co. ..
Aman was present too with Lavanya, Mr. Dave and some colleagues, including Peppy too. All were busy as this project was a big fish to catch for them.
 *
Khushi entered the office and saw her watch to know it was 8.58 am.
Khushi-Just On Time!
She said proudly and hoped Up, directly to Mr. Dave’s cabin to know more on her new job. She knocked the cabin twice or thrice but when no reply came, she parted the door to peep in and asked.

Khushi-Sir, may I come in?
She found the cabin empty and moved to the reception to inquire what she should do. She was asked to wait in Mr. Dave’s cabin, and so, she entered there, again, now with her file and purse to be kept at the table. She arranged the files which were previously placed there, and looked at the plants.

Khushi-106 children!! *chuckles* Sir is fun!!

She suddenly remembered ‘THAT’ guy.. Who solved her mystery of this ‘106 children’ thing. Who was he? Does he work here too? She moved around, to have a look down from her current position, on the working staff. She roamed her eyes on the cubicles down there, from the one way glass, and found no luck to catch that Man.

She nodded her had and looked at the money plant creeping to the window and moving out then. She saw the roses and bent at the window to smell them. Which girl won’t like the fragrance of roses? At-least khushi loved!

She waited for her Sir to come in. She turned around to hear some sound from the laptop which was kept on Mr. Dave table. She moved her hand on the touch-pad and it showed some error. She smiled as she had done a computer course and she knew what the error was, she formatted the system not be-fore taking the back-up of Mr. Dave’s files and she detected the virus. She cleaned his laptop and re-build Mr. Dave’s Windows system and transferred the back-up from her pen-drive. She clapped thinking her Boss will be so happy, and patted her own back.

Just then the receptionist entered the Cabin to inform khushi that Mr. Dave was just coming in a while. She saw khushi fiddling with her Boss’s Laptop and her face went pale, as if she saw a lamp playing with lion’s meat.

Receptionist-Ma’am, what did u just do? Why did u touch his laptop? Sir will be back any minute.

Khushi-ya so? I just heard it beeping, and I removed the virus, am a computer genius u see. *giggles*

Receptionist-no no ma’am, u don’t understand, Sir des not allow anyone touch his Laptop, Mobile, or his hair.

Khushi-ha? But I was just - - wait, why would I touch his hair. Is it really that beautiful that people urge to touch them? I dint notice only.

Receptionist-Ma’am, am not kidding, Sir is too possessive about his three things, his Jiju has gifted them to it, so.

Khushi-what? His jiju gifted Sir a Wig? (seeing her name tag) Dipti, u should not speak that. So what if he is bald? He is our Sir na, respect him.

Dipti-uff, no ma’am, am talking about his Laptop, u touched it, he will know. He knows each inch of the position in which he leaves his things. I better leave, u plz fill this form of employee Details ASAP and pass me. I am going.

Khushi looked at the receptionist who ran who with fear wrinkles on hr face. Khushi was puzzled. She pouted her lips and narrowed her eyes to know if she did anything wrong? She pushed the thoughts away thinking the receptionist was thinking too much, maybe she was scaring Khushi, as a piece of dare ft the girl who is NEW in the office! Khushi sat down on the chair opposite to her Sir’s. She went through the details to be filled again, and filled all except two. Her present contact and residential details.

**

2 hours later..
It took a while that the project presentation was almost on the verge to be over. Lavanya’s work was done, and she left down for her cubicle, but not before passing a blushing smile at Her - Aman.
Mr.Dave suddenly remembered that he had got a msg from Dipti – Receptionist that Khushi Gupta – his New P.A. was there, and she would be waiting for him from long. He excused himself and ran down, crossed the hall way which had so many cubicles, and made his way to climb the stairs from the other side, towards his cabin.

He enters his room and greets khushi. She stands up and smiles at him and their day starts.

Khushi-how have u been Sir?

Mr. Dave- I am fine, u say. All good there?

Khushi-ya Sir, I was just waiting for u, its my first day and, erm, I don’t know my work so. . What should? I mean from where should I start?

Mr. Dave-Hey, I was actually a bit busy in a meeting up so. Anyway, see, u have to – - -

bla-bla-bla- Mr. Dave explained khushi her works and she was a quick learner. She got it all.

She was happy with her work and she smiled thanking back to her Sir, and stood up to turn down towards her cubicle from where she had to start with her first day work, when she heard a Bark.
Mr. Dave-Miss GUPTA.

She flinched for a second, and stood in her track and her heart beat increased . What happened suddenly she thought and turned when she saw Mr. Dave staring at his laptop, and measuring the position of his Laptop inch-by-inch just to find out that someone had actually touched it.

Khushi gulpd remembering the Receptionist-Dipti’s words.
Khushi-ye - - yes Sir?

Mr. Dave-Did u touch my laptop?

Khushi-ye- - yes Sir. Actually- - wo- -

MR. Dave-My laptop? MY LAPTOP?
He tried to get angry but he looked funny to khushi. She controlled not to laugh.

Mr. Dave- u know I am so possessive about it? I dont like ANYONE touching MY - -
But he was cut in-between when an pigeon flew in from the open window, and the money plan creep came down falling directly on Mr. Dave’s head and his hair flew away to reveal that he wore a wig.

Khushi (to herself)-OMG! I was just joking with Dipti about Sir’s hair and here - - ..
Khushi suppressed her giggles, and ran near the window to push the bird out and wrapped the money plant creeping the window in a real artistic way. Mr. Dave looked calm, he collected the Wig which flew on the table but, in a hurry, he wore it back-side – front.

Khushi turned and Mr. Dave looked at her and she smiled with an embarrassing face.
She said.

Khushi-Sir, actually I heard some sound coming out from ur system and I clicked ur laptop to clear the error, it had some un-detectable virus, and I detected it opening the D.O.S. system and now ur lappy is safe.

Mr. Dave felt a lightening relief. He was grinning from inside, like a complete nut-case and ran towards his Laptop to see the error. And what he saw, told him, that she was speaking the truth. ‘This girl is a genius’, he thought. He looked at her and said proudly.

Mr. Dave-its Ok khushi. I forgive you. Actually I never let my gadgets go into repair. I do the working on the errors myself. But dint know why I could not find the error in my laptop this time. Thanks to u. actually am very possessive about my - -

Khushi-Laptop, Mobile and Hair. Right? Aapki secretary hu Sir, itna toh jaanu gi hei na! (I am ur secretary, I will obviously know u this much.)

Mr. Dave-From today, I give u the right u touch my properties, but mind it, tell no one about my fake hair.

Khushi took two steps ahead towards her new boss, and turned her boss’s wig in 360 degrees and giggled.
Khushi-which Wig Sir?
He laughed at her sense of humour and she left down keeping the form un-filled Form (of Employee’s Details) there only, on Mr. Dave’s table.

**
Arnav’s presentation-preparations were completely done and he and other’s left for their lunch. 
Arnav and Aman always had their lunch in either Aman or Arnav’s Cabin. 
All dispersed from the board room and Peppy was surely pouting her sadness to move away from The Greek God. She left with the others to have her lunch. Arnav and Aman passed through the corridor, to go in Aman’s big cabin to have their lunch.

**
It was her first day and she made some few friends around her cubicle. One of them was Lavanya. She roamed her eyes to find THAT GUY (Arnav), don’t know why, but when she dint see him, she continued her work. She smiled and happily contributed some quality time to her work. It was lunch time and she went to the canteen. She was with Lavanya and a few bunch of her Office-mates when she felt a gust of wind carrying the same scent of THAT GUY.
She shrugged her thoughts thinking she was thinking too much. She had her lunch and was just getting up, when she accidentally hit a waiter and some dal-fry spilled on her dupatta. She looked at the waiter who seemed a bit scared.

Waiter-sorry Ma’am, its my first day here. Plz forgive me, this wont happen again.

Khushi-oh, that’s ok re. its my first day at work too! Same pinch.
The waiter smiled and moved on, where as khushi passed towards the washroom after getting directions from Lavanya about the same. She entered the washroom and cleared her light pink dupatta. She admired herself in the Big Mirror and had a monologue with her reflection in the mirror.
Khushi-How dare u, tumhe koi haq nahi banta,ke tum itni sunder lago, NOT FARE. (how dare can u look so beautiful? U have no right, not fare.)
[ok, this particular dailog of khushi is taken from the movie 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham', it was said Kareena Kapoor in the movie.. so the credit goes there.]

She saw a lady in short pink off-sleeves dress (She was Peppy) and saw her Bold avatar to shut her mouth. Peppy looked gorgeous and Khushi admired her as Peppy took out her Baby Pink Glossy lip Gloss, and started applying on her lips. She saw Peppy pouting her lips and she mentally kicked herself to stop there and stare at her. She moved out fast.

**

Arnav-aman, ur food was real yum yaar, who cooked it? Not u for sure, Lavanya?
Arnav winked and teased his friend.

Aman-Arnav ….. not again plz.. and na, Kanta bai cooked it.

Arnav-OH! I thought she is ur maid.!! u call her Bai na.. LOL. I mean, I know she cooks real good ha, I know, she did use to cook at my place too, remember when I had just shifted.. And yo Aman baby, I mean it, once she cooked a sweet, and sweet was just awesome! maa ki yaad aa gayi thi yaar..! (it reminded me of my Maa..!)

Aman-really right! I know. Hey, would u like her to cook at ur place today? I mean I know u cook well, still..

Arnav-erm, as u know Aman, today toh I am gonna have lunch outside. But erm, ya, ok, ask her to make Gajar-ka-halwa (Carrot-sweet-dish). Its been days I have ate it. And plus, u know maa wont allow me to have any suger sweets, so I can have them atleast here right! *winks*
Both Laugh.. 
Aman-okay, I would ask her to come at ur place then, so, pass me ur keys, she has already seen ur flat as we know. Plus, you know  she cooks for Peppy too right? I Will give Kanta bai ur keys and ask her to make it at ur place, what say? I mean, she is a trust-worthy person, and- -

Arnav-ya ok.. cool. As it is am directly going from here u know, for the meet, give her my flat keys, here u go.
Arnav passes his flat keys to aman. He then stood up to go out the the basin-sink to wash his hands.

 **
Khushi was moving out fast, and her Man was coming from the opposite side..
Arnav thinking about yummy Gajar Ka Halwa he would have after the meet when he goes back home, he was so cool about the meeting..Confidence u see.. and here, Khushi thinking about Peppy and her make-up, both the dreaming peopleS collided into each-others head. Both closed their eyes in the anticipation of a bit pain, and khushi started to rub her fore-head.

Arnav-auch. Can’t u look and walk lady?
Khushi heard the statement and without looking at who-so-ever was there, she held the persons nape and pulled him to hit his fore-head with hers again.

Arnav-pagal ho kya? (are u mad?)
He saw her. She was still in her dark land, her eyes closed.

*Rabba Ve*

Kwahish ki mitti mai, rannng khilleeeee..
neendo mei aksar haaiii, kwaab chaleeee..
kuch na - - -  socha,
kuch na - - - chaha,
ISHQ humkoooo, ho gayaaaa..


Khushi-hamme apne sar pe seeng nahi ugwane. (I don’t want to grow horns on my head.)
She smelled him and opened her eyes to see him.. her murmuring stopped as she saw him.
Wo chup rehti hai …. par ham khabre milti hai…..
Kab kya hota hai… jab yeh nazre milti hai…..
arey arey arey .. oohhoo…
arey arey arey arey .. ooohhoo…
(song from movie-‘Makkhi’ .. so credit to the same.)

she jerked her thoughts and looked at him to pint her index finger.
Khushi-uff, I know ur not here. I know I am just hallucinating. U r NOT here. .

*Rabba Ve Ends*

She snapped in the air.
Khushi(to herself) -See khushi, this only happens when u think about some random person all day and before sleeping too. (looking at Arnav) Who are u Mister? See, ur not speaking, means your my imagination. Argh . Stop Hallucinating Khushi..

She hit her head NoT understanding that HE was really THERE.
She passed by him, and all he could do was smile to himself and blush more thinking.
Arnav-What???

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment