xx
Chapter 6
She took some courage and spoke her next words, with fear, yet determination…
Khushi-aap ek khubsurat aur jawan ladki ko aise akele beeech sadak pe, wo bhi iss wakt chodke nahi jaa sakte.. (u are leaving a beautiful and young girl like this on mid-way, that too this time, no.. u cant do that.. )
Arnav-toh kya karu?? Tum jaise khubsurat aur jawan ladki ko aise akele beeech sadak se lekar apne ghar le jao??no thanks…mere aise shokh pure karne ke lIye, mere pass aur better options hai….(then what? Should I take a beautiful and young girl like u to my house from such a mid-way? No thanks, I have better options for that..)
Khushi got his meaning and was embarrassed by the words she chose and looked away..
Khushi-(she stammered) hamara- - hamara matlab wo nahi- - wo nahi tha- - hamrara matlab hai ke hum aise akele itni raat gaye ghar kaise jayenge?? (I – I - - dint mean that - - I meant how I - - at so late night, I mean how will I reach home all alone?)
Arnav-that’s that not my problem.
Khushi-but only coz of u my rickshaw (auto) wala ran away!
Arnav-so what? I was giving u the money na? u dint take, now look miss, I need to go. Bye.
He ignited his engine, and left her there, in the middle of the night, alone, in the dark.
Khushi saw his car leaving her sight and her amma’s words struck her ears, she remembered how her amma had asked her to let her dad drop and pick her up from the party. She was surely a brave girl, but her air had gone tight for a while, as the silence of the night worried her. She took a deep breathe and closed her eyes taking DM’s name. She started taking baby steps towards her home direction.
The distance was still much to cover, and as a filmy track appears (in Salmaan Khan’s movies), some naughty - gundaS came in her track out of no-where and started harassing her. She fastened her walking speed and the gundaS followed her. She ran and it started raining, her dupatta flew away as the fast winds blew. Her eyes too dropped water. Her wet dress stuck to her curves and scared Khushi ran.
Out of no where a white S.U.V. came, and it’s the lights directly fell on Khushi’s eyes to make her blind. Its horn alerted even the tiny molecules till the long away surrounding distance.
She saw one of the gundaS taking out a rampuri (big knife). Her mouth opened in fear. She closed her eyes and..
Khushi-aaaahhh..
Khushi screamed and opened her eyes still screaming, to see the same hand-some Man (Arnav) standing there in front of her. He roughly held her nape, and with his other hand, he closed her mouth. But he was not wet, was he?
[trivedishraddha-no gutter plz. I always wanted to write somthing like this - as in such mawaali cunning the heroine and hero saving the heroine - scene. Sorry for the inconvenience. Continue.]
Arnav-stop yelling will u? come inside, I will drop u home. Get in. NOW..
She kept her hands on his coat. It was warm. She realised there was no rain, she was still dry, and her dupatta was on her neck. She saw Him, close to her, and the way he held her, uff, she felt so seduced in his touch. He saw her eyes and she saw his, her long momentary stare on him broke when she blinked her eyes. He left her and she looked away. There were no gundaS too.
He got in the car and barked on her to get in from the other hand. She opened the back-side door and he was irritated.
Arnav-hey lady, I am no driver of urs, get in, sit in the front.
She followed his orders.
The drive started. She was checking out the gadgets. She saw the rear - view mirror (the one that is in front, between the driver and passenger seat, woh wala. mirror.)and turned it a bit towards her, to see her face, he looked at her flaring his nose and re-adjusted the same mirror. She touched the radio buttons testing his patience. He jerked the brakes and the car turned in a circular motion leaving behind a skreeching sound. She fell on him from the sides.
Arnav-can u sit straight lady? And stop meddeling with my car, its MINE. And I don’t like random people touching my things. I am giving u lift coz - - forget it.
He pushed her back on the seat and she felt insulted, but she remained silent out of his decency. She mouthed him her address and he drove the SUV there.
It was a silent drive from there, and he did stole glances to see the beauty besides him, she was quite, and he was at peace. She looked out of the window. She looked at him and he concentrated on the road.
Khushi-erm, can I open the window?
Arnav gave her an irritated look, and pressed the power-window button near his arm on the door, and her side of the window dropped down. She was amused. She saw the button to operate her window, near her arm, and pressed it to see how it works, it went down and up as she operated the button, and she clapped her hands like a baby who had never played this game. She looked at him who was fisting his hands to control his anger. Here he was helping her and she was showing the growth in her mature behavior. She saw the look on his face, and stopped playing with the buttons.
Her house came as she guided him at intervals, and she got down. She closed the door and looked at him who choose to look straight but her. She opened her mouth to say a thank You but before she could even start to get a word out her system, that white SUV was gone, she pinched her self and yes, the SUV was R.E.A.L.L.Y. G.O.N.E. ..
She went inside her home, and she was safe. He saw her going inside in the rear-view mirror. He looked forward and accelerated his speed to drive home fast.
He dint knew why he gave lift to a random girl that day. But it was something that he could not make out that day, k why he gave her lift, may be due to his conscious. Anyway, he drove with a straight face trying to forget her face. And he managed to forget her, as She called, Anjali’s number blinked on his mobile, and he ONed the speaker as he was still driving.
***
Khushi entered her home and her Maa came running.
Garima-khushi, tu aa gayi? Mr. Bhushan k driver ne tujhe ghar chood diya? (khushi, u came? Mr.Bhushan’s driver dropped u na?)
Khushi was about to tell about WHO gave her lift, but she dint have any answer, she remained quite and her amma continued.
Garima- Chal, accha hei hai, tujhe pata nahi hum kitne pareshan thee. Upar se tera phone bhi nahi lagg raha tha.(anyway, its good, u have no idea how worried I was for u. and above that, u were not picking up ur phone too.)
Khushi-haa amma, phone ki battery chali gai hogi, Rohan aur Rohini usmei game khel rahe thee na toh - - par hamara phone, kaha hai? (ya maa, phone’s battery may have gone dead, Rohan and Rohini were playing games in it so - -but where is my phone? )
She turned around to see she came home empty handed.
Khushi-uff, lagta hai hum wahi bhul aaye. (uff, I guess I forgot my phone there only.)
Garima-khushi tu bhi na. kal theek se yaad rakh ke le aana, ja, abbhi kapde badal de. Aur phir hame aake batana - Kya kya kiya? Kya khaya? maza aaya?(khushi u are impossible! Remember it to bring back tomorrow. Now go and change and come, and then tell me what all u did? What did u eat? Did u enjoy?)
Over excited khushi pulled her amma on the sofa in the drawing room and both sat side-by-side.
Khushi-amma, the party was so big! It was like, u know, the cake, the gifts, the guests, the food.. aahh.. the dance, the music, and the lights! All was full-to-fatak.
Khushi described the party and her enjoyment. Her amma could easily make out khushi’s excitement from her happy face. She always knew khushi enjoyed with kids.
Garima-I am very happy that u enjoyed. Now am waiting to hear the same enjoyment from u, when u celebrate the first birthday of ur own baby, I cant wait to see that excitement on ur face.
Khushi-what? Amma, u also na! I was discussing about Rohan and Rohini’s birthday and u. uff amma.. u too na..
Garima-ya ya, I know everything, its time for ur marriage khushi, and I - -
Khushi-uff amma, I dont want to discuss marriage and children with u. plz..
Khushi stood up and started walking up the stairs to her room, her amma followed her. Khushi reached her room. Her amma followed her in.
Garima-okay okay, not marriage, but children toh u love na, I am so waiting u see u become a mother khushi. The way u blend urself with babies, am waiting to see ur bond with ur babies khushi.
Khushi-uff amma, no babies ha plz. I can surely manage to handle one, but I can produce one. Its all such a tough job! And I cant do that. I toh will tell my husband to adopt one. He he.*giggles*
Khushi started removing her bangles and ear-rings. She kept those near the dressing table and pulled a night dress from her almahri (closet).
Garima-shuh, aisa nahi kehte, pagal. (mad girl, don’t say that.) Am sure once u are married, u will urself ask for one to ur husband, okay tell me, what type of person u want to marry? ‘Its time’, you see! Did u see any good guys today?
Khushi-laad governer, I met one laad governer today amma!
She said as she went inside the washroom to get changed.
Garima-u found one? How does he look? Which family does he belong to?
Her amma asked from out. Khushi came out getting changed in a while.
Khushi-oh fooh amma, kuch bhi ha! He is so khadoos. Anyway, I told you am not discussing all this, am not going to leave u and babuji any soon. So plz cut it. BTW, where is Babuji? He slept kya?
Garima-yes, he slept, now u too change and sleep. Its high time, its almost 10.30pm beta.
Khushi platted her loose hair and hugged her amma. They exchanged good night kisses and Garima left khushi to sleep.
Khushi lay down on the bed, and in seconds she fell asleep.
**
Arnav was driving home, and again, he got a call. Anjali’s number blinked on his mobile, and he ONed the speaker as he was still driving.
Arnav-Di, ur calling me so many times ha. I mean we just talked like 2 hours back. All fine? U fine?
Anjali-ya ya, all is fine. I was just not getting sleep, and ur jiju is sleeping fast. I knew u would be awake, so called u. you reached home kya?
Arnav-ya, almost there.
Anjali-hmm. So, enjoyed the party? Erm, u met any - - erm - -
Arnav-Di plz, I dint meet any girl whom I can think to get married to. (to himself – he whispered. ) All though I did meet a phyco on my way back. (thinking of khushi.)
Anjali-ah. Okay, I was not asking in that directions. But wait, why are u so late? U toh drive so fast na? and your still not home? Hmmm. Whats the matter? Is there anything I should know chote?
Arnav-di plz. Nothing as such, wo I - - leave it, nothing that u should know.
Anjali-hmm. ok. Ur jiju is sleeping, and I am bored, talk for two minutes na.
Arnav-hmmm. U say, how r u? how is jiju? How is life? How is my champ? Troubling u?
Anjali-hmm, all are fine, and ur champ is good too. But there is one thing chote, ur jiju was worried a bit today, I could see it on his face. I will bad when he has to stay back forcefully from his work, just for me. Anyway, I am happy that he is resting for a while. U know chote, I always insist u not to remain single for long, its because am worried for u.
Arnav-Di, there u go again! U called me coz u are bored, now are u planning to bore me?!
Anjali-no chote, am not - -anyway, u tell me, what are u planning to do next in ur life? I mean, plz, no business talks ha, I mean, ur goal in life.
Arnav just happened to notice something white on the floor of the seat besides him. He ignored.
Arnav-di. Plz, I am not interested in talking all this.
Arnav had entered the RM premises and parked his car till then.
Anjali-ok, then should I talk to u about movies? Or my next puja? Or vrat (fast) ? Or - -
Arnav-what di? No vrat – shrat now. Or else am waking up jiju Right Now.
Anjali-ya ya. I was just teasing u chote. Anyway, you reached home kya?
Arnav-*sighed* ya di, I just parked. So, all going good? U took ur night medicines on time?
Anjali-chote, I am pregnant, not sick. Its not that pregnant ladies take medicines all time.
Arnav-uff, how will I know? I am not having a pregnent wife am I - - anyway, anything else di?
Anjali-chote, u will know one day, when- -
Arnav-DESTINY! YA RIGHT! whatever.
He again saw the white leathery thing down on the carpet of the passenger seat next to his, and bent down to pick up that thing. He saw it, and it was some ladies clutch (flat purse). Well, whom can it belong to? He wondered! He opened it to see two silver Payals inside it, one of which was broken. He got it. It belonged to Her. He made a face as he heard his Di say – DESTINY.
Anjali-yes chote, destiny. U will meet one girl one day. Who knows, u already would have met one!!!
Arnav put the two payals back in the same white clutcher, and dumped it in the glove box. He came out of the car, and pressed his keys – button to auto-lock the car.
Arnav-di, its quite late, I guess u should sleep. Good night di, love u.
Anjali-love u more chote, love u more.
She smiled and kept the call. She looked up and prayed to the almighty to give her chote a perfect match who can fill the silence of his life.
**
Arnav texted aman to post-pone his meetings.Aman received his boss’s text and replied an Okay. Arnav entered The RM, and asked HP to make his bag-pack, Arnav was planning something.
He asked HP to pack his requirements just for 1 week. And asked HP to go on a holiday too, that is if he wants too. Arnav said he would return back from a week after tomorrow. It was no official reason of him leaving India, then, what was it? Where was he going?
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment