xx
Chapter 23..

(the above edit credit goes to me..
)
)
As usual, the sun came up, and she was the first to move out of the bed and get fresh taking the morning bath first.. She came out wearing a blue chudidaar, and came before the mirror to set her wet hair.. She was wearing her bindi and applying sindoor, when she saw her Arnavji's sleeping form reflecting in the mirror.. She smiled..
She took a pinch of sindoor and filled her maang (fore-head partition) and then put a matching bindi.. She applied kajal (kohl) to her eyes and went out to hand the wet towel she just used to dry her hair.. She came back and saw him still sleeping, with mouth open, and went near him.. She closed his mouth sitting besides him, and was getting up, when she felt his hand hold her wrist and she looked down getting amazed..
Khushi-Arnavji, ur up? So early today??
He got up on the bed and sat besides her.. He smiled holding her hand and raising them to kiss the back of her hand..
Arnav-Hmm.. I was up since I heard the click of the bathroom door and saw u coming out..
Khushi-Oh! I disturbed u, dint I?
Arnav-Nope, thank u.. Thank u that u let me open my eyes.. I feel good to see u when u set ur hair.. I like to see u get ready.. I love u Khushi, and u know that, right?
His eyes could see she was a happy wife, contented well with her life.. Khushi looked down nodding a yes, she was blushing..
Arnav-Khushi, ur blushing too much these days.. And u know what? Ur glowing too.. Anything special?
Khushi looked at him and took her hands out of his and stood up from the bed..
Khushi-U will know soon.. Now get up.. I have to make ur coffee too.. And my kitchen will be waiting for me..
She was just leaving when she felt his warm hand pull her wrist and she fell to sit besides her Arnavji, who pinned her on the head-board.. His killer smirk was hinting her his demands, and his thumb brushed near the corner of her lips..
Arnav-Khushi, tell me one thing, will u? That day, in buaji's house, a month ago.. U were counting lines on the sides of my closed wrist.. What was that?
Khushi just looked down and flushed pink.. She put her head on his neck and smiled broad.. Arnav could feel her happiness, and witnessed the same seeing her smiling from the mirror ahead.. He may not have grown in a small city like Lucknow, but he did know a bit of science behind the direction of her thoughts..
Arnav-Khushi, was it to see how many babies I will have?
Her eyes popped out and she hissed to part distance from his warmth and look up.. Next she saw him making her left hand fist and see the sides of her palm and smirk at her..
Arnav-I guess two it is.. But are u sure?
Khushi-Obviously.. Ur right hand also has two lines on the sides and my - -
She knew he knew her well, dint he? She left her sentence incomplete biting her tongue and looked away feeling dumb.. Her breathing rate increased when she felt him come near her and his voice struggling near her ears..
Arnav-Khushi, don't u doubt me.. There can be more..
She looked at him with blank face and opened her mouth to find his index finger on her lips..
Arnav-Khushi, u will never let me up first to fill sindoor in ur maang by myself, would u?
Khushi-ha? Kya?
Arnav-Hmmm.. See, u hugged me without any warning, and ur sindoor is all on my t-shirt, see..
He pointed at some spot below his neck and Khushi could see two three almost invisible red-spots on his t-shirt..
Khushi-Kya Arnavji aap bhi.. Its nothing.. And BTW, cant I hug u when I feel?
Arnav-Obviously u can! But see my t-shirt now u - -
Arnav was just having fun and Khushi was already irritated..
Khushi-Okay! If u have so much problem, then remove it, wait I will help u..
Arnav-Haay! I wish ur sindoor spoiled my track pants..
Khushi's mouth formed an 'o' and she pushed Arnav to stand up and run out..
Khushi (self talk)-Uff.. I was asking him to remove so I can put his t-shirt in wash, and he was like.. chi.. Arnavji bhi na!
He saw her moving out and fell again on the bed to find some unusual happiness in his heart than ever!
***
Khushi had learnt from buaji how to live in less, and even though she had no refrigerator and all, she managed to live well.. She used to get fresh vegetables every two days, by bargaining to her heart's content.. She wrapped up the same in a wet cloth to keep them fresh till long.. She boiled the milk thrice a day in order to not let it spoil.. She was a smart house wife now, and Arnav's pride to have her just increased day by day.. They hardly fought in the past ONE month, but just out of concern..
Yeah, A Month Passed..
Khushi was waiting for Arnav to come back home today.. He was very late.. It was his birthday the next day, and she had nothing to celebrate including any cake or materialistic gifts.. Well, a big gift toh she had arranged with his husband's help long back, but for cake.. hmmm.. She made bread-jam and put cut pineapple and pomegranet beads on the same writing her Husband's name and clapping in glee.. She now had to wait for him, but to her hard luck, her wait was extending as he texted her that he might be late and she should sleep..
She sighed and covered the small arrangement for her husband, and went to sleep on the bed.. She will know when her husband is back, she will know..
***
Anjali was now a woman of change.. She had grown strong and was now a lady easy to be convinced to go against her husband and support anyone but him.. She was ready to leave him and had been planning to dispose him after showing the world his true colors.. She started growing distance between them, and he was such a fool to ignore her.. Anjali was still not able to know what her husband actually planned.. He was not an easy mind to read.. She tried all her ways out to trap Shyam but failed.. Just that night Anjali got a call.. She was happy to read the caller i.d. and immediately received the call..
Anjali-Hello, Nani! How are u? When are u coming back?? Its really long now..
Nani-I am good bitia, and there is a good news.. Am coming back tomorrow.. How r u?
For a moment Anjali was dumb.. But she was more happy to react good..
Anjali-Really nani.. That's great.. I am fine.. I am just so happy to know ur coming back.. Hope ur 'yatra' was good.. And Laxmiji and HPji are okay right?
Nani-Ya beta.. But one sad thing.. Laxmi wont be coming back, as HP is going to his home-town directly to his family, and Laxmi wont leave him.. I told HP to take Laxmi with him.. Anyway, u tell me where is chote? How is Khushi bitia? And why is he not receiving my calls? You both brother-sister forgot ur nani ha?! What have u and Khushi planned for chote's birthday tomorrow?
Anjali had totally forgotten about Arnav's birthday.. Nani heard the silence and asked..
Nani-All is good na bitia? Don't worry.. Am coming tomorrow.. And ur Mama-Mami are also coming in next 10 days along with Payal and Aakash.. I am so happy beta.. so, what else?
Anjali-Nothing new Nani, u just come back.. Have loads to tell u..
Anjali kept the call and waited for a moment.. She took her phone and called Khushi, thinking not much..
***
Birthday Boy Arnavji was still working, and Khushi had dosed off waiting for her husband.. It was 11.30 pm and he was still not here.. Her mobile ring made her open her eyes and she was shocked or say surprised to see Anjali Di calling, may be she wanted to talk to her chote and wish him for his birthday.. Khushi accepted the call and opened her mouth to speak something but paused to hear..
Anjali-Hello, Khushi bhabhi..
Khushi was stunned to hear 'bhabhi' word from Anjali.. She smiled and happily replied..
Khushi-Di! How are u..?
Anjali-I am sorry Khushiji.. I am so sorry for what I did.. I know what Shyamji is in real.. I was just taken away as he was my husband.. But not anymore.
Anjali who was sobbing till now cleared that cloud of tears from her face and continued being strong..
Anjali-I am with u and chote, and ready to expose Shyamji.. Nani is coming tomorrow and Mami-Mama and Payal-Aakash in next 10 days.. Khushiji, plz forgive me..
Khushi was just over excited in an unbelievable state.. She nodded and spoke a yes later and Anjali asked Khushi to come and meet her tomorrow at RM..
Khushi-But Shyamji??
Anjali-He is not here.. He is out of station from 2 days, he wont return for next 2 days.. Don't worry on that bhabhi..
Khushi-Ur taking ur care na di? Arnavji stays worried for u.. He may not say, but I know..
Anjali-He will forgive me na Khushiji? For I slapped him - -I - -am - - I am sorry Khushiji.. I really am.. I hope he understands me..
And Anjali broke down again..
Khushi-Di plz don't cry.. Its not good for u.. And don't worry Di.. We know u loved him unconditionally, just like I do love Arnavji but- -.. Anyway Di, forget that.. Arnavji never had any complains with u to see u at fault.. We understand ur reactions were obvious and we are there for u di.. Plzz be strong.
Anjali-Hmm.. I am keeping the call for now.. Come here tomorrow, if possible then bring chote too.. Wish him happy birthday from my side Khushiji.. Hope he is fine..
Khushi-Ya di, I will wish him once he is back. He is still at work..
Anjali-WHAT?? Okay.. Bring him here tomorrow if possible.. I will be waiting..
Khushi kept the call wiping her tears and turned around to see a teary Arnav with a happy smile on his face..
Arnav-Di ka call tha na?
xx
Awwww awesum part... Cnt wait 4 next part whn thy'll xpose shyam n da goodnews also.. Plz update soon.. Luv u .. God bless u..
ReplyDeleteAwww.. thanks deary! Next parts coming up.. :)
DeleteAm happy u enjoyed.. thanks again for the response..
Means much! :D