xx
Chapter 17

(i made this banner..
)
)
Khushi, well.. She understood her marriage was broke apart, and frankly, her heart never cried at this loss, after knowing how and what Anjali Di had lost.. Khushi's life was still to start, and her loss was so small to be having thinking much on.. And anyway.. Frankly speaking, she dint go through a heart break either!
She resumed the tuitions she had been giving as her students' summer holidays were over, and she got herself involved in the same.. Her only students, Rohan and Rohini Bhushan were still so in love with their teacher.. Khushi's life was moving on, still unknown to the fact that her Babuji was a weight on Earth, soon to be released for the heavens above due to his stomach cancer..
Life moved on, but still.. She still dint forget Arnav Singh Raizada who had captured her mind in his possession from long now.. Anyway..
***
Khushi was in the drawing room, getting ready to go at Rohan and Rohini's place.. It was Sunday so she was giving Morning tuitions so these children can enjoy their evening in fun.. Before going there, she decided to visit her DM..
Khushi-Buaji, hum chandni chawk k mandir hoke aate hai.. Uske baad hum sidhe Bhushan-Ji ke yaha ho aayenge, baccho ke tutions ke liye.. Hum chalte hai phir.. (I am going to temple.. Later I will directly go at Bhushan's for the twins' tuitions.. So I am going..)
Buaji who was still here from past one month, came out..
Buaji-Jaate hai nahi kehte Khushi, aate hai kaho.. kitni baar samjaiye ka padi? (tell I am coming back, never say I am going.. How many times to explain u? ) Sanka devi kahi ki.. Hah..
But Khushi had already left..
***
Same time..
Chandni Chawk DM temple..
Arnav-Di, temple is here.. U go and come.. I am here.. Rosy, u go with Di..
Rosy was the 6th nurse appointed for Anjali in this one month.. ASR had got his Di to this chandni chawk's DM temple.. It was the only place Anjali found peace.. ASR still dint know how his Di was cheating him by hiding facts from him.. H had no idea of what's next for him to see..
Anjali was standing in front of the DM idol when she hear a 'TING' Bell being rung by someone and she turned around to smile from within seeing Khushi..
Anjali-Khushiji!
Hearing her name, Khushi looked ahead to see Anjali coming towards her from the crowd.. Wearing a pale blue Saari, she still had the baby bump, now very much visible.. A nurse holding her arm and Anjali trying to close the distance between herself and Khushi fast.. Khushi rushed towards her and held her arms..
Khushi-Sambhaliye Di.. How are u?
Anjali hugged Khushi and parted.. ASR was up to give Anjali Di her pooja thal when he noticed his Di smile and speak after so long! He was stunned, but happy too..
Anjali-Khushiji, how come u here? Where had u been? U forgot me?
Khushi-No di.. Nothing like that.. Am so happy to see u too.. Come, sit..
They sat on the same bench of this temple they sat once, when they met for the first time in this very temple..
Anjali-I know u forgot me.. Or else why would u have not come to se me? And where is ur mangulsutra? U still here? I thought u toh went with NK and Mami..
So Anjali was not informed about Khushi's engagement break up?! Why would Arnav inform his Di this news anyway? It hardly mattered to him.. Above that, Anjali was not allowed to take stress.. Anjali's numbness was killing ASR, but her lips finally speaking made The ASR standing behind smile..
Khushi was awkward.. She only replied to only Anjali's first question..
Khushi-I- - I was actually.. erm.. going to give tuitions to two kids Di, plus Babuji is also not good.. So could not come there.. sorry..
Khushi looked down rubbing her fingers and Anjali held her arm..
Anjali-That's okay Khushiji.. But I missed u.. Really..
Khushi-Me too Anjaliji.. So, how is the baby? Good?
Anjali-Ya, just had my the meeting with my gynaecologist yesterday.. Baby is fine, very fine..
Anjali had a genuine smile on her face once she circles her baby bump..
Khushi-And u?
Khushi asked hesitatingly..
Anjali-Never better! I feel so good..
Anjali assured herself and Khushi, both..
Khushi-Di did u tell Ar- -
Anjali-Chote?
Khushi looked behind him to see the some person whom she searched to see from past one month.. The one who still chose to wear those suits.. But suddenly her fear for him grew.. She looked away as he made his way towards them.. His eyes were staring her but his face was turned to his Di..
Arnav-Di u don't need to sit here and talk to random people.. Let's go.. U should rest.. Remember what doctor said?
Anjali dint like her younger brother behaving to anyone like this, and this was Khushiji.. How can he? She was about to correct him when Khushi interrupted..
Khushi-Ya di, u should go.. I am leaving anyway..
Khushi faked a smiled and looked down.. She knew ASR was staring her for reasons not known.. She felt comfort within her discomfort.. She stood up to move when Anjali held Khushi hand..
Anjali-Khushiji, come to RM sometime.. I would like ur company..
Khushi-Di.. Erm.. Actually I would have if I could have.. I have to go to teach these kids, so I cant promise, but I will try.. U take care Di.. Rest.. I should leave now..
Without caring to pass any looks to The ASR, Khushi passed by and Anjali was taken to the car and settled besides Arnav on the back seat.. Driver drove and the nurse sat in front..
Anjali-Chote am happy.. I met Khushiji after so long!
Arnav could see his Di was happy.. What those last 5 and this present nurse could not do, Khushi's mere presence, her only look did.. It happened to play magic on his Di.. He was not able to understand how could this happen?
He saw his Di lost in something, and just then, he was confused about what to reply to his Di's next statement when she looked at him and asked..
Anjali-But then, chote why dint she wear those mangalsutra and sindoor? Khushiji dint go to The U.S.A. with NK and Mami either? What happened back then? Is not everything well?
Arnav disclosed the reason how Khushi's engagement broke due to her weak immune system and Mami and NK's misconceptions about the Guptas'.. Yeah, ASR knew.. Anjali was blank haring this.. But soon as the day ended, she knew how she can take this situation leading it in a positive way.. Her days were going in vain until she saw Khushiji today.. She got positive energy from Khushiji, always..
***
At Night..
Raidaza Mansion..
At the Dining table..
Arnav was contented seeing his Di talk after almost a month.. How much ever he hated to admit, he knew it was all due that that Gupta Girl, Khushi Kumari Gupta.. He was having his dinner, when his Di spoke..
Anjali-Chote, u know what I always wanted from u, right?
Arnav-Di? U want anything? Tell me..
Arnav said keeping his spoon down.. His Di was getting back to herself after long, how could he not support her to feel better? Anjali too knew her chote would sign in for anything she asks him for, but it was not the correct time, was it?
Anjali-I will ask that when time comes.. But chote, I wanted to keep my Godh Bharai which was not possible last time.. I really want to.. Who knows how much I will be able to live and see my baby after it arrives? Can we - -
ASR-Di! U want to keep the baby shower then fine.. But where did these talks come form? U know I don't like all this, right?
He pushed his plate in anger.. His Di held his hand and calmed him..
Anjali-Arnav, plz.. I know as my chote u wont like all this.. But it's a fact right? All have to die one day.. I will feel blessed if u fulfil my last wish before I die.. It will be for ur good only, don't u trust me?
That's it.. He could not take it from his di anymore.. She knew he hates her death talks, then why? ASR got up leaving his plate unfinished and rushed out in full rage to his white S.U.V. and drove off getting in..
***
Arnav drove and drove till the silence made him hear his own breathes.. He pulled the brakes hard, turning the steering wheel in a full circle to let his Car also turn and halt making a screeching sound tracking its wheel marks on the ground.. The force of the halt made the glove box of the car open, and there he felt some thing fall in his laps..
He was just thinking on why his Di is talking all this and for what? Who knows why this is happening? And just then he took up from his laps a silver pair of anklet.. He remembered whom it belonged to..
Arnav-Khushi!
He remembered his and her first meet when she forgot her anklet with him.. And next he remembered how cruel he behaved with her last time, when he accused her to be at fault for telling his Di about Shyam jiju's death.. He was so frustrated..
He put those anklets in his pockets and calmed his breaths to drive back to see his Di who was still waiting for him..
He reached the RM and ran in.. He saw his Di waiting for him as expected, and went near her and hugged her..
Arnav-Plz don't talk about all this dying things now Di.. U are the only one I have na.. For whom I will live then if something happens to u.. I can do anything for u Di.. Just ask me..
Arnav sobbed in his heart but Anjali knew this feeling.. She parted from the hug to cup his face and look in his deep brown eyes..
Anjali-Marry Arnav.. marry someone..
Anjali so wanted to tell this, but she dint.. Instead, she had plans to let this sentence out, soon.. She knew now how and what to do.. She had a perfect match for him too, it was just time which she was running out of, and she had to consider the best alternative to get her chote be ready for being a groom'
Arnav-Tell me Di.. u want to have a Godh Bharai na? When? Whom all u want to be called? Anything for u if u promise me to smile..
Anjali smiled and put forward her requests which he could not deny.. Just for his di, he was ready for something which he was feeling unnecessarily wanted to do..
Knowing that Anjali's Godh Bharai should not be happening as she was a widow and all, he dint give a damm if all this made his Di happy..
***
Next Day..
Khushi's Amma and Babuji just came a while ago from the clinic.. Shashi's check up was done, and he was on the last stage of his stomach cancer.. Still not able to recover, and reaching the last stage of cancer had made him physically weak, now paralysed.. Buaji was here was this reason only, as Shashi dint want anyone except Garima and his jiji to know about his declining health.. Khushi was out and Shashi was lying in the drawing room sofa with Garima who was sitting besides him holding his hand..
The couple not knowing someone else standing at the door, cried their hearts out..
Garima-We should tell this to Khushi.. She needs to know ji..
Shashi-Arey nahi Garimaji.. I still have little time.. We will surely make her marry in time and no one needs to know about my cancer..
Garima cried a river and replied..
Garima-But ji ur cancer has reached the last stage.. And our khushi, she - - her - -her engagement is broken.. How will we get a prospective groom for her so soon with such a tag on her name? Tag of 'Rejected'?
Shashi-I know all will be good.. I just know so..
Shashi looked back and stared near the door to see ASR standing and they knew he over heard everything.. Garima wiped her tears and just then Buaji came out..
Buaji-U? WHY are U here NOW?
Buaji was angry, but Garima interrupted..
Garima-Excuse me? What are u doing here now? Have u and ur family not had enough from us? Why are u here?
Shashi spoke from back..
Shashi-He is not at fault Garima, don't blame him..
Arnav was speechless, or say lip sealed.. He was here a his Di sent him here.. Garima looked at Shashi and nodded understanding his point..
Garima-Sorry beta.. I was just - - Wait I will just bring water, jiji..
Garima looked at Buaji who was staring badly at ASR..
ASR-That's okay.. I just dropped by to pass this..
Garima-Come in..
ASR came in and passed an Invite Card in Garima's hands..
ASR-Its my Di's baby shower the day after tomorrow.. She wants ur family to come.. I would also welcome u.. Plz do come, *looks around* with everyone..
His eyes searched her who was not there.. He gave the invite and moved out towards his S.U.V. to receive a call..
Arnav-Ya Aman.. Okay, at his place? What? Now? Hmmm.. PAUSE.. U reach at Mr. Bhushan's place.. I will be there after I see Di once.. Wish Mrs. Bhushan on my behalf..
Mr. Bhushan's wife's pregnancy had made Khushi also stay there for the day being, though her tuitions were over for Mr. and Mrs. Bhuashan's twins'.. Khushi congratulated them and was moving out when she heard from the kids k they wanted her to help them bake a cake for their maa.. Khushi happily agreed.. She could never deny kids..
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment