xx
Chapter 20

(i made this banner..
)
)Khushi had gained consciousness and immediately got up from the bed to sit and think how and where Anjali was.. Wait, she was in the hospital? She looked around to find herself on the hospital bed and saw her hand which was attached with a saline drip.. She got scared and her mouth left a scream in fear..
The door flew open and Arnav rushed in.. He came next to Khushi and calmed her nerves..
Arnav-Hey! Relax Khushi.. All is fine..
He held her hand and rubbed her back.. She looked at him with a small face and..
Khushi-Aap - - hum - - Hum yaha kaise aaye? Aur aap - - (U - - I - - How did I get here? And u - -)
She looked down thinking hard how she got here..
He dint like her getting hyper..
Arnav-Obviously mai laya hu tumhe yaha.. Tum behosh ho gayi thi.. (Obviously I got u here.. U fell unconscious..)
Khushi was worried for Anjali and in a mode of anxiety held Arnav's hands and asked him..
Khushi-Anjaliji? Wo - - Is she fine?
Arnav-Calm down Khushi.. Di is good..
Khushi sighed and realised she was again so close to Mr. Raizada.. Why dint she feel it wrong anytime? She looked at him and he knew what she was thinking.. He left her and excused himself to go out when he heard here..
Khushi-Wait Arnavji..
***
Anjali was conscious and her gynaecologist had a talk with her.. Anjali knew her doctor was right.. Her health as deteriorating and her pains will grow with time.. She had to die, but not before delivering her baby safe and making it safe under the protection of whom she wanted.. She knew time was running and she had to think faster..
She looked around and took out her mobile and called Swami Satyanand..
Anjali-Hello, dadaji.. Hum Anjali..
***
Khushi stopped Arnav and he turned around..
Khushi-Have u told about my state at my place? I mean, to my Amma or - - ..
Arnav-Not yet..
Khushi-Plz don't even tell.. They will worry unnecessarily..
Arnav nodded and was moving out when she stopped him again..
Khushi-Arnavji WAIT!
Arnav turned again to listen to her..
Khushi-erm.. I - - can I borrow ur phone?
Arnav-Want to call home?
Khushi-No.. Actually.. I have to go to teach Rohini and Rohan na, so - -
Arnav-NO.. U will rest for today.. That's my order..
Khushi-Ha? Kya? Excuse me!
Arnav-I meant - -
Khushi-ek kiss kya karne di, aap toh hukum hei karne lage! (I allowed u to kiss once, and u are dominating me?)
She regretted her fast tongue.. She bit the same..
Khushi-Hamaara matlab - - wo nahi tha - - .. (I dint - - mean that - - ..)
She looked away as her heart raced and sweat made her hyper.. She was highly embarrassed.. Not due the kiss that happened.. But due the sentence which just left her mouth..
The awkwardness made ASR leave the room, he knew she too was not comfortable saying what she just did..
Arnav closed the door behind him and Khushi was left alone.. Now she had all the time to think.. Think on her feelings.. She had a flash back of the moment when he gripped her wrists and pinned her to kiss her just like that.. Just like that? Why?
She blushed.. Wait, she was not supposed to be 'okay' with this.. Ya, she did have a soft corner for him as his life was going very much tough, but that dint mean k she developed strong feelings for him, wait, did she?
She could not imagine herself blushing more at the mere thought of giving up to ASR's desires.. Wait, WHAT? She dint feel the same when NK tried tocome close to her, then why she let Arnavji kiss her? NK was her fianc, but Arnavji was her - - her what?
How could she stay there like that and not push him away when he was doing something which was so not right according to her dictionary.. No, Arnavji did wrong, and she did even more wrong by accepting it in a thoughtful manner.. How can she?
No, she cant think of him this way.. But she wanted to.. NO.. She dint resist the kiss that dint mean she enjoyed it.. She dint enjoy it, but she dint regret it either.. NO, she should end the topic here itself.. Nothing happened.. Nothing happened!
She looked up as the nurse came and removed her saline drip.. She faked a smile at the nurse when asked how was she feeling.. She was given two apples to eat and was discharged later after sometime..
***
Khushi dint have to worry on the Hospital Bill, it was taken care of by the one who kissed her.. Her heart pumped more at this thought.. Dammit, she was not going to think anything on that matter again..
Arnav was no longer seen, and so was Anjali.. The nurse replied that Anjali was taken care off and her brother took her back to their home.. Khushi nodded and went down when a man in white pant and white shirt with a white cap ran towards her.. Khushi made out he was some driver..
Driver-Khushiji?
Khushi nodded in affirmative.. She was confused who this man was..
Driver-I am Mohan, Khushiji.. Arnav Sir sent me.. He asked me to drop u at ur place.. Come, this way..
She was not given a chance to accept or deny the proposal and she followed Mohan quietly.. She never expected such things in The Normal Life she had, but obviously liked this treatment given by The ASR..
She smiled in her heart.. But no, should not smile.. Uff..
Khushi was dropped home, and Mohan reached RM..
***
RM.. Afternoon..
Anjali was not feeling good.. Arnav was just besides her, his Anjali Di.. Nurse Rosy was there too..
Arnav-Di, what is happening with u? Speak something na.. Rosy, cant u do anything?
ASR was frustrated..
Rosy-Sir, she is fine..
ASR-Now u will teach me if she is fine or not? Just look at her.. She is growing pale..
Rosy looked down.. How will ASR get his Di better??
Anjali-Arnav, am okay.. Rosy, plz excuse us..
Rosy left and Anjali looked at Arnav..
Anjali-Chote, sit.. I want to talk to u..
Arnav sat and gestured Rosy to get his Di's lunch here when she was leaving.. Rosy nodded in affirmative and left..
***
Evening..
Gupta House..
Khushi was silently pacing in her room.. She was thinking on what happened today morning..
Her going to RM..
Meeting Anjaliji and more sparkling moment for her..
Her encounter with Arnavji.. He kissed her..
Her first kiss..
She closed her eyes and sat on the bed..
Khushi-Khushi, u should be thinking how will Anjaliji be.. U should go and ask Di how she is.. And Arnavji.. I have to meet him.. He - - I have to pay him back the Hospital fee he paid for me.. I should tell him thanks too, or should I not? Hey DM help me.. But wait, how will I pay him? That's secondary.. How will I face him? Hey DM, raksha karna.. (Hey DM, protect me.. )
She got up and looked at herself in the mirror..
Khushi-I cant go in these clothes..
She was taking interest in getting ready.. She choose to wear a pink-green chudidaar and wore a matching bindi and smiled putting her dupatta on her, when she saw her arms and her smile vanished..

She was marked by him..
When today morning, he had saved her from falling inside the pool.. Oh! His grip was so strong.. But she dint notice this till now.. It dint pain till she dint realise that his finger prints were there on her upper arms..

Khushi (self thought)-He too will be thinking about me na? How he kissed me? Oh no! I cant think all that again.. He is so arrogant, and all this is not right.. At least not before marriage.. Ha? Marriage?! My marriage? Who will marry me now? *Sigh* Stop thinking all this Khushi.. Go there and ask Arnavji what I need to pay him and come back.. I will meet Anjaliji also by this means.. Don't think much Khushi.. Ya!
***
Raizada Mansion..
The RM bell rang and Khushi came in.. She was not able to think straight after coming in.. She was looking down and walking..

Anjali was sitting in the drawing room watching some t.v. channel when Arnav came down with a Black File in his one hand..

Arnav-Di, am going out.. I will be back in a while.. Have some work..
He looked smart as always in those three piece suite.. He was moving out when he saw Khushi entering RM..
Winds started to blow and the time stood still.. Well, it seemed so at least!

Anjali also saw Khushi and her smile automatically brightened.. She switched OFF the t.v. and stood up to welcome her..
Anjali-Arey Khushiji!
She saw Khushi and asked her to come in.. Khushi's dupatta was wrapped around her hands in a weird style and she was looking down.. Embarrassed to face Arnav, it was awkward for her.. He too saw her from head to toe and looked away.. He could obviously know why she was stealing her eyes from seeing him in the eye.. He too was remembering what happened this morning..

Anjali-Khushiji.. Why have u wrapped ur dupatta like this?
Khushi nodded a nothing and faked a smile.. She looked at Arnav who looked at Anjali and said a bye..
Anjali-Chote u going? Cant u stay for a while?
Arnav-Di! I will be back in a while..
Anjali-Okay go.. Anyway I like to spend time with Khushiji.. U go, Khushiji will sit with me.. Haina Khushiji..? Am happy u are here..
Khushi was here to talk with Arnav.. But in Anjali's presence, how can she speak anything? Not that talking about that hospital bill was a big thing, but still, she was awkward to face Arnav on the first place.. She was not even able to think straight or look up.. So she choose to not speak anything now and shut her lips pressing her sharp tongue inside them..
Arnav was still staring at Khushi when Anjali said..
Anjali-Khushiji come into my room.. I have so much to talk with u..
Saying this she left and Arnav started taking steps towards the door.. Khushi felt him coming towards her and her heart went DHAK-DHAK.. She gulped rooting her legs on that spot and her toes curled up inside the mojadi (slippers) she was wearing.. He just passed through her, when another embarrassing situation took place..

Her dupatta got stuck in his file and he moved just not realising that her dupatta got off from her body to travel with him.. He turned feeling something tugging on his file, and saw her.. She had crossed her hands near her chest.. But he stared her like a shameless idiot.. She looked away..

He saw her legs shivering and her chest heaving, visible clearly now..

He pulled the dupatta out of her file and held it in his hand.. It was as soft as her!

He looked at her again.. He went near her and she looked up at his face to take two steps away on his one step towards her..
She jumped and he noticed that.. Still he calmly looked in her eyes and passed Khushi her dupatta.. She looked down and took it while her hands shivered..

Just then he saw her upper arms and gasped..

His finger prints on her arms..

She saw where he looked and immediately covered herself..
His hand was raised in mid air to caress her arm, but he fisted it then and there..

She gulped and her clutched her heart..

His anger rose, and as always, he used the same medium to let it out..
ASR-Don't u try and act all innocent Gupta! I know ur here to make me feel guilty for what happened in the morning, right?
He taunted and she looked at him in disbelief..
Khushi-Arnavji I - -
ASR-I know that's why u came here..
She closed her eyes not able to hear take any more bad words and there was silence.. She opened her eyes to see Arnav standing there with a head bowed down.. Was he not yelling at him like a second ago? Oh! She was used to his yelling all the time so she took it for granted that he was screaming, but actually he was just standing there silently, and one thing she knew, silent waters are deep..
Arnav-Sorry!
He looked at her and her eyes popped out.. She looked up and he looked away not able to meet her eyes.. But she was confused.. Why did he say sorry?
Khushi-Kya? Kyu? (What? Why?)
Arnav-For every time.. Sorry..
He could not believe that he, The ASR apologised someone? That too none but this Gupta Girl? Whatever.. He turned around to leave when he heard..
Khushi-Arnavji wait.. I want to talk to u..
Arnav stopped and she went around him..
Khushi-Arnavji, actually.. erm.. u paid the bill na? My hospital bill, I - - what do I have to pay for that?
Arnav-That's Okay.. It is taken care of.. U don't need to worry..
Khushi-I know u are very rich, but I don't want to take any favours from u.. So - -
Arnav-We can discuss this later miss Gupta, and frankly speaking, some thousands don't make a difference to me, but they do make a difference to u.. Use them for ur dad's health issues.. He would need it more..
Arnav left saying this and Khushi caught his last words..
Khushi-How does Arnavji know about Babuji? What does he know?
HP came from back and disturbed Khuhsi's thought sequence..
HP-Khushi bitiya, Anjali bitiya is calling u up..
Khushi nodded and moved up.. Khushi spent the day with Anjali and at the end of the day, she was leving RM wasting her time waiting for Arnav, but Anjali held her hand..
***
Arnav intentionally dint return early even though his some 'Official Work' was already over.. He too felt uneasy to be around Khushi.. He returned when he thought Khushi would have left, and reached RM..
BUT.. Khushi was still there, and Anjali heard the S.U.V. horn to know her chote was back.. She looked at Khushi and Khushi helped her move down.. Anjali had already had her dinner as Khushi insisted Anjali for her and her baby's sake..
Arnav was surprised to see her still here and was more astonished to know his Di already ate without him, and that too all what was served.. He had told his Di a ton times not to wait for him, but she never listened, and even when she sat for the dinner with her chote, she always used to show tantrums these days regarding food.. Arnav found it convenient to see Khushi handle Anjali well..
It was late and Arnav was asked by his Di to drop Khushi back home..
Anjali-Chote have ur dinner later, but first drop her home..
Khushi-Anjaliji, I will go by myself.. That's okay..
Anjali-No Khushiji, its not safe.. And above that, how can I allow a beautiful and young girl like u to go alone?
Arnav looked at Khushi to know if she was thinking the same what he was.. And ya, she too looked at him feeling he did remember what she was recollecting.. She smiled unconsciously..
Khushi-Aap ek khubsurat aur jawan ladki ko aise akele beeech sadak pe, wo bhi iss wakt chodke nahi jaa sakte.. (u are leaving a beautiful and young girl like this on mid-way, that too this time, no.. u cant do that.. )
And also he remembered how he used these words from their first meet to pacify her to take a lift from him one day, when she was going home alone from RM , and ended up speaking about Shyam and yelled on her for not able to shut his mouth to himself..
Arnav-Come, I will drop u..
Khushi bid a bye to Anjali and got out to sit besides him in the car.. She was silent today.. She was all time looking out of the window and he noticed it.. He was the first to speak today..
Arnav-Aaj badi chup chap ho! Kya hua? Darr gayi mujhse? (Today u are very silent! What happened? Scared of me?)
He smirked and she looked at him..
Khushi-No.. U don't like me talking all the time na.. So I - -
Arnav-Oh! So u are doing as I like.. Why? Just coz I paid ur bill? Chill Khushi.. That's okay..
Khushi-Oh ha Mr. Raizada.. I wanted to tell u that.. u - - I - - I have to pay u back.. I cant take ur money like that..
Arnav wanted her to initiate this topic.. His eyes were on the road but his brain was still running as fast as her tongue..
Arnav-Really? What can u do for me?
Khushi-Anything u tell..
Arnav-Anything?
She knew in which way he was going.. She looked straight and adjusted her dupatta and he continued..
Khushi-Mr. Raizada u know what I mean.. Don't take me wrong..
She said it straight..
He stopped the car in a silent road and she looked at him getting scared..
Arnav-U have to come at Shantivan (RM) everyday and work for me..
He ordered and she gasped..
Khushi-What?
Arnav- I mean, till Di's pregnancy stage is over.. I want u to look after her.. She feels good when u are around.. She stays happy.. And frankly speaking, I want nothing else..
Khushi-I - - I wont have denied u but - - but I have to take Rohan and Rohini's tuitions so I cant - -
Arnav-How much does Mr. Bhushan pay u?
Khushi-Excuse me?
Arnav-I mean, I can pay u more.. Just wanted to see my Di go better.. Rosy and the nurses before her are all the best, but no one are able to make her 'live' as she does in ur presence..
Khushi looked straight..
Khushi-No Mr. Raizada.. I cant work where u are..
Arnav-Why?
She had no answer to this direct question.. What shall she reply? She looked at him..
Khushi-Its very late, plz drop home, Arnavji..
Arnav was unable to understand her behaviour.. She was acting weird.. He drove her till the Gupta House and she got out the car as soon as he stopped..
Khushi rushed inside without speaking anything and looked at him once with blur eyes before closing the door behind..
***
Buaji-Khushi, aai gayi tu? (Khushi u came?)
Khushi went inside her room not replying anything and Buaji looked out to see ASR staring at their home..
ASR (self talk)-How can she deny me? So easily she told me a NO? She cant deny me.. I have to get her at RM, for my Di..
Arnav took out his mobile and dialed his manager Aman's number..
ASR-Aman, do one thing for me..
xx
tEASER before Chapter 21
No comments:
Post a Comment