xx
Chapter 20

(the above edit credit goes to me..
)
)
He slept in the cool as he was really tired.. Khushi finished her work in some time and went to her room to see her Arnavji sleep.. She saw him sleep and sighed..
Khushi(self thought)- You are not alone in all this Arnavji.. I also have to help u.. I am with u, and now I guess its time I can prove myself.. Let me help u Arnavji, I want to share this stress of urs.. I want to participate in our responsibilities..*Sigh*
She closed the room from the outside, once she was sure Arnav slept.. She went out of the house from the back- side and here Arnav was still fast asleep..
After Some time..
It was too much for Arnav to bear.. Not that he was feeling hot, the a.c. did make the atmosphere cool, but without his wife's form above him, he was not able to sleep.. It was long that he slept, but still the absence of her besides him was making his sleep restless.. He roamed his and on the next part of this jumping teak-bed.. Still he dint feel her.. His eyes flew wide open and he jumped up to sit on the bed.. It was dark, Khushi never switched Off all the lights, he too allowed her to keep one light ON, then what was it now, that Khushi and the lights, both were missing from the room?
He got up and switched ON a small light bulb, enough to light up the dark room.. He went out frowning his eye-brows and still missed to find her anywhere in this small house.. He was restless.. She did tell that buaji was to attend the jagraata at the Chawk Devi Mayya mandir, but she was not supposed to go there, did she go?
He panicked not finding her neat him.. Where was she? It was almost 11.30 pm and she was out.. She should have told him if it was something so urgent, he would have taken her out himself.. What was going on in her mind?? Where was she??
He used his senses and called her, but she dint attend his call, now this made him worry more..
Arnav-Where are u Khushi??
He wiped those sweat beads off his temple and moved out to find his little ray of life, his wife, Khushi..
***
Khushi was in a auto, and she saw her phone screen showing a missed call, she knew he was up, and she needed to reach back home ASAP.. What will she tell him? Where had she been? What answers will she fake for him not to go into the ASR mode? She was just out to provide him some help from her side.. After all he was not alone in all this, she did need to assist him in her small ways whatever.. She loved him to support in not only in good days of their life, but also the challenging ones..
She made a call and asked auto driver to drive to the directions she guides..
Khushi (on phone) � Hello Happyji, hum bol rahe hai, Khushi.. (Hello Happyji, me Khushi speaking..) I need one help plz.. Can we meet, now?? PAUSE.. Its pretty urgent.. PAUSE.. Thanks so much, and sorry to disturb u.. Ya, am coming to the garage in 5 mins, plz reach..
***
Arnav was out in the street which was not too quite, but not too crowded either.. The street end DM temple had the Chawk Devi Mayya mandir, where jagraata had occupied crowd, and the streets with lighted and c bit busy.. But where was Khushi? Arnav started to search her getting out in the middle of the night in his track pant and maroon shirt.. He was moving here and there getting frustrated and irritated not to find her.. He was angry on her to move out just like that in the middle of the night, dint she know it was un safe for a lady?
Dammit..
***
Khushi reached Happy Singh's garage and paid the auto driver who left.. Happiji came in no time and Khushi rushed towards him with a happy smile..
Happy Singh had seen the auto leave when he neared her and asked.
Happy-Khushi didi, u just live besides my garage, why did u come in an auto? Where Were u? Is all good? Why u called me here at this time didi? Sab theek toh hai na?
Khushi held his hands and pulled him to the garage and made him open the same.. They both went inside and a nervous Khushi started her mumbling..
Khushi-Happyji, I - - I and my husband, we need some help..
Happy-What type of help Khushiji? Financial help?
Khushi-No no, I have some cash with me..
Khushi takes out an envelope and pen it to show some good amount of hard cash inside it..
Khushi-I just need a home on rent.. My Arnavji went and searched for rental residence, but hard luck.. Can u plz arrange one home for us? Plzz�
Happy- Khushiji? Home? On rent? But why? U live in such a big place and, ur husband - -
Khushi-Long story Happyji, can u plz help me? Actually, my - - I mean - - Happyji we left my husband's home due to some personal reasons, and my husband says we cant live here at Buaji's for long.. He is right in a way, can u plz do some arrangement for us? Plz.. take all money I have, plz help us in our desperate time happyji, there is no one else who is coming in my mind to ask for help..
Khushi took out the hard cash and it was lots in number.. She was passing the same forcibly in a stunned Happy Singh's hands when Khushi and Happy heard an angry voice from the entrance of the garage..
Arnav-KHUSHI�
Khushi turned around with the cash still in her hands and Arnav saw her little fearful face and trembling form� He was shocked to see her with so much cash, would be an understatement to speak.. He looked at her blankly again.. His red eyes asking questions she was not wanting t answer..
Where did she get the money from? At this time of night? Who arranged the same for her? Did she do anything - - Shit, how can he even think that.. But then from where this much cash came in her hands?
Arnav-Khushi come with me right now.. NOW..
Before she could speak anything, he came near her and held her wrist and pulled her with him.. She turned back with teary eyes to see at a helpless Happy Singh standing there looking down..
***
Arnav dint pay a heed to her struggles and pulled her in Gupta House locking the door behind him and holding her by her upper arms to pull onto him to breathe on her burning cheeks with full rage and power.. It pained her and her eyes left thin tears as her mouth hissed in pain.. He dint care about her pain as he was not able to understand the same after what the pinch of panic he faced a while back.. He gritted his teeth and pressed her more..
Arnav-What is this Khushi? Are u out of ur mind dammit? Where had u been? Whom did u ask before going? ANSWER ME DAMMIT.. WHAT IF SOMETHING HAD HAPPENED out there? What was the need to - - Khushi are u okay?
He ending up with growing concern for her which weighed more than his rage for her being so irresponsible..
Khushi-Ar - - navji.. I - - I was at Happyji's - -
ASR-Don't u lie to me out of all.. I saw u getting out of an auto, and BTW, from where did u get this money? So much money?! Kaha se aaye itne saare rupee Khushi? Answer me!
She thought for a moment and put her fingers on her temple closing her eyes tight and hissing..
Khushi-AAhh�
Her legs took two fumbling steps on the spot and she seemed to be falling.. Arnav's heart skipped a beat to see her condition and caught her.. But, in no time he figured it out k she was faking her dizziness.. He was in no mood to take all this drama from her, he was angry at present.. She lifted her in his arms and spoke..
Arnav-Khushi, I know ur not unconscious.. Get up or u don't know what I will end up doing.. Khushi.. Khushi.. KHUSHI..
He was right, she was conscious.. She acted to go dizzy, as she wanted to avoid his questions, without intending to make him any worried.. She still dint show how aware she was of the situation, and this made her husband boil in anger..
ASR-Okay, u think ur too smart Khushi?! Well, if ur ASR's wife, then remember, I am ASR.. I can get u well.. I am telling u last time.. This is ur last warning Khushi, get up and tell me where u were, or else I will take u straight to the temple of Chandni Chawk, where buaji is attending the jagraata.. Then let her question u.. Okay Mrs. Raizada?
He taunted in her in frustration and she popped open her eyes to hiss out loud later.. She very well knew her husband's abilities, and it was wise for her not to challenge the same.. She held his shirt near his neck tightly and yelled t alert him she was under his spell..
Khuushi-ARNAVji NO.. I AM HERE.. I - - I will tell u where I went.. Put me down first..
She said the latter looking away from him in embarrassment.. He did as she asked.. She adjusted her dress and took a few steps away from him, now stood facing her back at him.. She took a deep breathe and prayed her DM to save her from her ASR's wrath when she confesses him her past events which made her reach this much money..
She looked down as she remembered where she went and what happened there..
**Flash Back**
Khushi luckily got an auto, and she hired it to reach Shantivan.. The same Great Raizada Mansion, which she and her husband had left behind.. She entered RM from the back entrance, and to her luck, found someone whom she could trust.. Someone was caring for her Arnavji's plants..
She was puzzled..
Khushi-Arey, Om Prakashji..
She said to herself, but what she din't knew, was that k her monologue was lout as ever and OP (Om Prakash) looked side-ways to see Khushi Memsaab there.. He was stunned, in a very positive way.. He put the watering can at side, and ran towards Khushi with happiness written on his face.. He joined his hands at her, bent a bit to respect her..
OP- Khushiji Memsaab.. U here?! I am so happy to see u.. But- - but why did u come here? How is Saab (Sir)? Are u both okay? Is it anything that I can do?
Khushi was relaxed seeing someone was there in this house who was NOT under Shyam's spell.. If OP would be acting, she would have read it in OP's eyes.. Khushi could read people at least a little to know their nature, and OP was surely not in the villain's team..
Khushi-OP chacha, we are fine.. And Me and Arnavji are at buaji's place for now.. How is Di?? Is she fine?
OP-Ya Memsaab.. Anjali di is okay.. But why did u come here at this time, its not good to roam in Delhi's street at this hour Memsaab..
Khushi-OP Chacha, am here for some work.. Can I go in Arnavji's room plz? Will u take me there?
Khushi requested to OP chacha.. He may be old, but was the most loyal of all.. HP's Father, OP.. He smiled and replied..
OP-This way Memsaab.. To your room..
Khushi smiled as OP chacha spoke your room.. He led Khushi to her and her Arnavji's room, where she captured the most precious hours of her life.. Be it their first love confession, their re-marriage by Arnav's style, their Suhaag-Raat.. Their more priceless moments, all running as an event happening again in front of her eyes, again.. She dint have time for all this, so she quickly moved to her Arnavji's closet and there, she slides the door to push her and her Arnavji's branded clothes away, and look at the corner under the last piece of cloth..
She took out a small velvet bag.. It's mouth was tied with a string.. She clutched it to her heart and closed her eyes.. It was a small amount of money she had been saving from what her Arnavji gave her everyday to spend.. She had actually not wasted a penny from it.. Arnav everyday used to pass her 500 Rupees to use in her way, and she was not careless to throw money as water.. They may be stinking rich, but time tests all.. She knew to value things and hence, she saved money for hard times if her DM was still to test her..
She pushed the closet door and rushed to the back-door exit where OPji had been waiting for her, and they made a quick move outside to escape.. OP chacha Khushi an auto for Khushi, and made sure she reached home safely by going with her halfway till the temple at Gupta House street end, where she could call herself safe..
**Flash Back Ends**
To say Arnav was stunned to know the guts of Mrs. ASR would be an understatement.. He knew she could climb The Everest too if she aimed, but going into the lion's den without letting him know, made his anger rise for he cared for his love.. He was so mad at her, he was his life!
He held her upper arms and pulled her close to him and gritted his teeth.. She was just more than scared of ASR right now, she knew his anger was justified and she had to listen to him and his yells..
Arnav-Khushi pagal ho gayi thi kya? Do u have any idea what could have happened today? God Forbid if - - I - - I don't understand for what u needed to reach there and put ur self in danger.. I was so worried for u dammit.. I called u and u - -
Her looking down made him soft for her, at least she spoke the truth where she went.. He knew her intentions were right, but she dint need to act too brave when he was there to cover for them both.. Just if she knew..
Arnav-Khushi I - - I am here for us right?! Don't u trust me?? Tell me, cant u have a little faith in me? I - - I ..
He was calm, she looked up to see pain on his face, she was not normal either.. Her eyes left small tears of regret, she thinned her lips.. He turned his back at her leaving her to be silent at the questions he just asked.. She walked around to him and hugged him whose hands were still hanging down.. She sobbed soft..
Khushi-Arnavji, I am sorry.. I wanted to do something for us.. How could I see just struggle so much and do nothing? I am ur wife na, I am ur responsibility u say.. Then don't u also remember that during our marriage ritual I promised to stand in front of u when we challenging times come?!
He bit his lower lip to control his tears.. He wont give in or else he feared she will do this again.. He desperately wanted to hug her, but he was compelled to be strong, as she dint knew much which he had hidden from her.. He just wanted her to be safe.. She was her only and everything..
Khushi- I want to be with u, I cant see u like this Arnavji.. Plz forgive me for I was just caring for us.. Am sorry.. I - - I wont - - re - - repeat - -
He felt her grip going loose and her voice fading.. She weighed her form over him and feeling a push, he made out she went unconscious, and for real this time.. His panic grew and he rounded his hands on her back and held her.. He picked her up and directly went inside the room to place her on the bed.. It was cool..
He moved her shoulders and she dint leave his nape which made him bend near her.. He heard her whisper..
Khushi-I brought this money Arnavji.. It is all urs.. Take it..
He saw her other hand fisted, and opened it to find a crushing envelop which he took and kept on the side table.. He tapped her cheeks and she opened her eyes slowly re-gaining consciousness..
Khushi-Ar-navji.. I am sor-sorry..
Arnav-SShh.. Its okay Khushi.. U sleep..
He tightened his hand on hers and she gripped it weakly..
Khushi-U forgave me, right?
She tilted her head slightly expecting a positive reply.. How could he not melt just more?!
Arnav-Don't repeat it again Khushi, ever..I cant loose u.. U rest.. I am right here..
Khushi slept in minutes and he need get up to disturb her sleep.. He waited till she was completely in her dreams, and took her phone to get Happy Singh's number.. He went out in the drawing room, and silently fed the same in his mobile and left a text.. The text read..
Happy Singh, ASR here.. Could u kindly do u favour Khushi asked u? Any decent place would do.. Rent and tax do not matter.. Reply me when u see.. Waiting..
Thanks in advance..
The msg was delivered and ASR checked the main door properly closed and came back in the room where he found rest seeing his world safe before his eyes.. He saw the mney envelop in the side and felt so much at peace to have Khushi besides him.. Words were short to describe her. She made him complete in short..
Least she knew she dint need to d any of this, but still, she did all this for them.. Now, this included saving money during their old days at RM and getting it from RM today.. Her innocent and happy nature was in blend with her smartness and little experience of life. He was proud of his wife.. She was his, and he was dignified to own her.. She was just his and only his.. He went besides his wife and lay there taking her hand in his and tried to sleep..
***
Anjali had not missed to see Khushi here in RM at late night.. She followed her to her chote's room, but through the front door, not the back side.. She knew Khushi was innocent, and her chote too.. But the shock she got when she consumed that her husband is evil, was much for her to absorb and her world went upside-down.. She still wanted to see if Shyam could change himself after knowing how his wife supported him in front Arnav and Khushi..
Anjali did feel something wrong when she had seen Shyam cornering Khushi that day, when she happened to be there.. Khushi's reaction that day made her think twice on this matter, as her Shyamji tried t behave all normal, but a woman could read another woman's eye, how much ever one tries to hide..
Anjali did feel pricks when Shyam ignored her during this stage of her life.. The fact that Shyam dint care to look for Anjali but only Khushi when he learnt that Anjali's Saari caught fire and Khushi burnt her hand in saving his Rani-Saheba, was obviously not gone un-noticed by Anjali..
Anjali was no dumb not to understand the double meaning talks her husband was having with Khushi in her and Arnav's presence.. But when Arnav gave a chance to Shyam, why not her? She loved him blindly.. How ever harsh he was, how much ever pain he caused her heart, she had loved him by body and soul, unconditionally.. It was no easy for her to yell on Arnav, but it was equally difficult for her to not give her Shyamji a second chance, after all he was the to-be-father of her baby, who knows he might change for their baby.. A father loves his baby, its his blood..
Anjali however was loosing faith by just one day, seeing her Chote and Khushi bhabhi in this state, but she wanted to at least try once, not to regret 20 years later thinking what if I had given my husband a second chance.. The chances of him turning into a saint were very less, but there were.. She knew she was finding a sun ray from the moon-light, but her heart compelled her to win over her brain and her motherhood greedily took the side of her husband, the father of her baby when time was testing her..
Anjali waited.. And waited, for Shyam to come to her and console her for her chote and Khushiji leaving the house, but he was too busy rejoicing the fact that Anjali yelled at her young brother and kicking him out of His (Arnav's) house which was in Her (Anjali's) name.. She felt gross.. But she survived the moment..
***
Next Day..
Khushi was in the kitchen, helping buaji making food when Arnav came with a happy face.. Khushi and buaji saw each other seeing Arnav so happy and came out hearing their names called out by him..
Khushi-Why so happy? Anything special?
Arnav-Ya Khushi.. Buaji.. We got a new home for now.. Allcredit goes to Happy Singh.. Pack ur stuff..
Khushi-See, DM helped us out..! I told u na..
Arnav-No khushi, u helped us out.. Ur smartness in saving pennies (I mean money dirty minds.. LOL..) have helped us today, ur a perfect wife.. My wife! All thanks to buaji's training.. Haina buaji..
Arnav chuckled and Buaji waved her hands and rushed in blushing..
Arnav went near Khushi and held her close to him.. She was just smiling at him and waiting for him to say something.. He gripped her waist and smirked..
Arnav-But khushi.. You did one mistake..
She looked up and he continued..
Arnav-U would have been proved a smart house-wife if u also brought cloths and some of my basic needs from RM instead of just money. Now what will I wear when I need to change? Not that I mind being - -
Khushi-ARNAVji.. I am smart.. Just wait for a whil and u will know! I already asked OP chacha to snd ur and my basic requirement suitcases which I packed yesterday in a hurry and kept inside our closet..
He was stunned to hear this! She was Mrs. ASR in complete way indeed!
Arnav-Ur just awesome Khushi.. I love u Khushi.. So, are u ready? Lets go to our new house.. What say? Ready to start our own small family Mrs. Raizada?
She blushed and he kissed her burning cheeks.. She looked down holding his shirt ready to start a new life with a new beginning..
Khushi-Arnavji..
She blushed..
Arnav-What?? U want a big one? Khushi, later! We are tight at our conditions I suppose..
She smacked his shoulder and he laughed..
Arnav-Anyway Khushi.. Jokes apart.. To say on serious notes, we have all the wealth we need till we have each other.. Don't do anything which will make me worry for us.. I have possessed u after so many difficulties, I cant bear to loose u, u know that, right??
Khushi just hugged him tight nodding a yes on his chest and he caressed her hairs till their little moment seemed to be interrupted..
In a next few minutes, OP chacha sent the suitcases Khushi had kept aside and with that, Arnav and Khushi moved out after lunch taking buaji's blessings and a spoon-full of dhai-shakkar (curd-sugar) as a good luck to move further to settle in their new house, which was little, but had all what it needed, love..
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment