xx
Chapter 15

(i made this banner..
)
)
Arnav stood up from the ground, learning he opened up to somegirl.. How could he? Who was she to know anything from his life.. She was no-one.. How could he get loose today which was not in his character, this was not him.. Why did he try to find comfort today? Why was he going out of control? Why did he feel a bit light to share his pain with some random person? Maybe he Di was right, he had been too much lonely not to know how soothing it feels to have someone there to share our sorrows with.. Anyway.. he dint want to think all this at present, or anytime soon..
But what about his Di now? He saw Khushi still sitting on the road, and wiped his red eyes looking away and wore the ASR mask again.. He called Khushi's name who dint catch it, and he bend down to pull her up, and make her stand holding her upper arms tight.. He looked at her in her eye as she downed to earth feeling his tight hold on her, she hands clutched his biceps.. She was so teary, just for him and his Anjali Di, but those dagger filled eyes scared her like anything and his next words made her shiver...
ASR-Don't u dare think to make an opportunity and break my Di.. And ha, Don't u dare speak anything about what I just told u.. It wont be good for u.. I know ur thinking to make a way in my house and get close to all, to settle there and enjoy my comforts.. But don't u dare.. Ur getting married to NK, do that and get lost.. If I see u around my di, u will have it Khushi Kumari Gupta..
Her eye's were just staring at his words with dis-belief.. How can he even think so about her? From where did this all come? Did he really mean what he just said?
She knew he was a man of power and status.. She knew what he thought about her and how he judged middle-class section of the society including her.. But that dint mean he needed to speak any of what he just did.. Again, from where did this come from??
He left her and turned to get inside the car and ordered her to enter from the other side.. Khushi was dropped home by the one, who was again trying to hide himself in that hard shell which covered his weakness and threats.. But he too very well knew, how much he had lost, in many terms..
***
Arnav was back to RM after dropping Khushi, and tried to go to his Di's room but the reactions of Khushi came to his mind and he took back his steps and made way to his room.. Once entered he was calm to think..
Arnav (self thought) ' Dammit.. Why did I break down today.. I should be strong, for my Di at least.. But then why did I cry in front of that Gupta girl.. Shit..
He remembered how he tried to manipulate the situation after he unintentionally opened up to her.. How he spoke those hard words to her, of which none applied to her and they both knew this very well.. He was already feeling hopeless from inside, and now causing pain to some girl, whom he somewhere in his heart knew was not a cheap soul to hurt for nothing, he felt disgusted.. He paced in his room and opened his over coat and tie and threw them on his bed and went for a shower mentally deciding, that come what may, he had to speak to his Di tomorrow.. He knew what she has to go through, but she had the right to know about her husband.. And the sooner, the better for her..
***
Same time..
Khushi was home, and she had changed and was now sitting on a chair in front of her DM idol with her hands joined in prayer gesture and eyes swollen up..
Khushi-DM, why did he tell that I will go and break Anjali di.. Does he really think that I am so bad.. I know this Laad Governor does not like me, but does it mean that he can speak anything to me? How can he?! Who is he to me to judge me? He is no one to me.. And.. And Anjali Di.. How can u do this to her Devi Mayya?? Her husband is no more? Hey DM what will happen now? She loves him so much, and she is pregnant.. How will Arnavji tell her.. Arnavji - - Hey DM, he is broken!
Now Khushi got it, why Arnav said all those sharp words to her.. It would have been so hard for him to pass this bundle of sad token of his Di's life to her, who (Anjali) was life to him.. She knew how rude ASR was, but Anjali's talks with Khushi did define how much Arnav loved his sister..
How much ever ASR he becomes, Khushi knew he was Arnav, she knew it not only from Anjali, but also from the experience she encountered today herself.. She saw ASR breaking down and Arnav coming out today.. She could guess how well he had build walls to seal his real feelings to the world, and she could possible imagine the situation of a brother who was only living for his world who was his sister till date..
She knew it, and she understood him.. She had no grudges against Arnavji, as she got it why he emitted those harsh words after his breakdown, to cover his own weak side..
Opening up to some stranger, and confessing their weakness, was not something which defined ASR.. He was a man of strength who wisely took each decision of his life, and to show who apart he was getting ripped from the inside, was just not accepted by his senses.. He just could not show himself to anyone.. His cruel statements for Khushi were just to cover his open heart and out of fear, of getting judged.. She never thought to forgive him, as she dint consider him at fault on the first place.. She prayed to DM for Anjali's well-being and tried to sleep which dint seem any easy..
Khushi bowed her head joining her hands to DM and went on her bed.. Covering a thin blanket on her, she closed her eyes just to see those Flashbacks from today, where she could feel Him hugging her like a baby searching for comfort and warmth.. How she felt to console him that time, but failed..
She just needed to give an hand and say 'All will be fine..'
She could not even do this much.. Her eyes opened up to see the moon outside, and close her eyes once again, asking her DM to support him in this hard time..
***
A day passed and so did another night too..
Arnav was still unable to inform his Di about Shyam's fiasco and on the other side, Shyam's body was disposed with many dead bodies.. It was obvious that a dead body cant be kept in cold storage for long, and that too a burnt one..
Mamiji and NK completed much needed shopping and there, the Gupta's had started with their Khushi's marriage preparations too.. The had much less time left for the wedding..
***
It was morning again...
Khushi got up and saw the time, she ran for her bath and just then, she still clearly remembered the night before yesterday..
Khushi-Arnavji theek toh honge na? Anjali Di ko kaise sambhalenge woh? (Arnavji will be okay right? How will he manage Anjali Di?) Would he have told Di?? Its her Godh bharai tomorrow.. Forget it Khushi.. Its his problem.. He will manage..
Saying this she tried to brush the thoughts away, but she too knew she will fail..
Khushi-I guess he should tell this to Di soon.. Don't know what he would be doing now..
Just then Buaji came from behind and said entering the room..
Buaji- Thinking about Him, beta?
Khushi-ya buaji-. Don't know what would he be doing.. am tensed amma..
Buaji-He would be tensed too beta.. After all, tomorrow u are getting married with him, right?!
Khushi-What?? I am just worried for him.. I am not his!
Buaji-Hayy re nand Kishore..! What are u talking Khushi.. Am talking about NK babua and u..
Khushi turned around to face buaji and repied what ever came first to her..
Khushi-ya, me too saying the same Buaji.. I don't belong to him buaji, I belong to Arnavji..
Buaji-Khushi!! What are talking?! Sanka Debi sanak gayi ho ka?? Do u have any sense?? Khushi.. I am talking to u.. Pata nahi kaha kho gayi.. Are u here?
Khushi's heart sparked! She was just shocked to remind herself what she just spoke.. She shut her mouth with her palms.. How did her mouth escape this?! She turned her back to buaji and went for her bath.. Buaji muttered a 'Sanka Devi' and left ordering Khushi to get fresh soon and come down..
After A While..
Khushi was eager, she was restless.. She took her bath and dressed up in her yellow suite before braiding her hair into a fine plait.. Although she was not that well, she went RM just to see if Arnavji was okay? She knew he would try to get angry on her as he would feel embarrassed of letting out himself yesterday, but she dint care.. All she wanted to see was Anjali was okay..
Shantivan (Raizada Mantion..)
Khushi entered Shantivan (RM) and directly went up, in Anjali's room, and found her switching her phone ON.. She was just attaching the charger NK had returned..
Khushi-Di..
Anjali turned lightly with her all time shining face..
Anjali-Khushji, plz come.. How are u??
Khushi-I am fine Di.. And, u are okay??
Anjali-I am just perfect Khushiji.. How did u come? To meet me or someone else?
Anjali tried to figure out if Khushi was here for NK, but failed to sound teasing.. Khushi faked a smile and looked down entering the room.. She went near Anjali and they both sat on the bed..
Khushi-Di, ur Godh bharai is tomorrow na?!
Anjali was happy..
Anjali-Ya.. Actually Mamiji told tomorrow is a good day for my Day, and dada, I mean Pandit Satyanand also confirmed it.. As it is MAmiji and NK bhai are here, so why not share my happiness with them.. Mamiji is like my mother after all.. My Shyamji wont be able to come.. That's what is eating me..
She looked at Khushi and held her hands to continue..
Anjali-You know Khushiji, he was to call me, and he forgot! I wont leave him now.. I will follow him wherever he went.. I wont leave him this easily.. You just wait and see.. You will understand my words once ur married!
Khushi's eyes swelled up and she looked away.. Anjali took her mobile and was just opening her inbox to see if her husband left any msg, but she saw Khushi's eyes leaving tears and put the phone away.. Her concern grew..
Anjali-Arey Khushiji.. What happened? Are u crying?? Khushiji..?!

Anjali held her shoulders and made her turn.. Just than Khushi's Amma and Mamiji came from behind..
Garima-I guess Khushi will miss me and her Babuji, haina Khushi?
Khushi-Amma, u here?
Garima-I just came beta..
Khushi turned around and Mami who was smiling till now saw Khushi again wearing a sweater and her doubts ought to clear now..
Mami-Arey Khushi beta.. Why do u keep wearing this sweater all time? Its still summer.. I toh feel so hot in here, and u - - Are u okay beta?
Garima interrupted..
Garima-Manoramaji, actually, we wanted to talk to u.. Its something important.. Its better we talk before tomorrow.. I don't want to spoil tomorrow's events.. I mean our Anjali's Baby Shower.. I wanted to clear something before our children's marriage..
Anjali-Mami, Khushiji, aunty.. Plzz excuse me, I need to make a call..
Anjali excused herself and went out near the pool-side of her room to call her husband whom she had planned to kill if he was avoiding her..
Khushi-Amma, I will also come in a while..
Garima-Khushi u sit, its okay.. U are not well right, sit beta..
Manorama-Ya Khushi bitiya, u sit.. We will go out..
Khushi-No no.. I will go.. Am okay.. I just - - I want to move out for a while.. Excuse me plz..
Khushi just passed from there and made her way down to thestairs and Mami and Garima waited for Garima to speak.. Garima looked down..
***
Same time..
Down in RM..
Arnav learnt from HP that Khushiji was here, later followed by her amma.. He was scared to think if that blabber mouth will speak out anything.. Not that he meant any of his words from what he said day before yesterday.. But still, he could not risk it, can he?! He made a run up and that's when he heard a loud female's cry and froze recognizing the voice..
***
City Hospital..
Doctor and nurse were rushing inside the O.T. just to be interrupted..
Arnav-Doctor, is she okay?? What happened to her?
NK-ya doctor, she was not well since yesterday, I know..
Arnav-What the-.. She told u she was not well?! She never told me dammit..
Doctor-You all plz let us move to the O.T. .. The patient cant wait for me to reply to u all.. We are running out of time..
The doctor replied bluntly and went inside the O.T. .. The red bulb above the O.T. door went ON..
Mamiji came from behind..
Mamiji-Arnav beta, u don't need to worry much about her.. We all are here and doctors are diagnosing her.. Be calm.. And NK, come with me..
NK was side-lined with Mami and Mami looked around to find no one else around them and whispered to NK..
Manorama-NK beta, I don't know if all is going good..
NK-What do u mean Masi?
Manorama-Actaully, today also, just like the previous day, Khushi was wearing sweater.. Who wears that in such heating weather..?! I guess there is something being hidden from us.. Today also, Garimaji was going to tell me something about Khushi, she sounded tensed.
NK-Then what did she say??
Manorama-I don't know na.. Before she could say anything, this odd happening happened.. I don't think tomorrow's event can take place.. After all its - -
NK-Masi, I don't think anything much has happened.. I believe she is okay.. Come..
Mami-But then - - What do u think Garima would be waiting to tell us?
NK-Whatever it is, the present situation is more important Masi.. We will talk later on other things.. Just come..
Garima was there besides Arnav, and buaji too reached the place in no time.. Buaji went besides Garima and silently whishpered her panic in Garima's ears..
Buaji-Garima.. How is she? How did it all happen? Is she okay? I - -
Garima-I don't know Jiji, I am also tensed.. Doctors are still not done and I - - I am feeling so bad for her jiji.. Me and Manoramaji were just besides her when - - when - -
Garima started to sob harder with each breathe and Arnav turned to see them with hopeless eyes.. Was not life giving him less complications that one more complication hit him?!
He waited for the doctor to come out and so did the others.. Just then the O.T. light bulb went OFF and the doctor came out removing that green mask from his face..
No comments:
Post a Comment