xx
Chapter 21

(above manner is made by me..
)
)
The long day went in the Godh Bharai preparations, and Khushi was all time sitting idle.. Her day passed with Anjali Di, and she learnt to knit a sweater today.. She pressed two large needles against each other and started weaving wool, to knit a small sweater, keeping a pattern taught by Anjali Di in her mind..
Dinner was done, and it was time for bed..
Khushi smiled feeling the start of motherhood, as she hugged the small piece of this white sweater she just started, near to her heart.. She closed her eyes with this sweet smile on her face.. It was night, and she was alone in the drawing room.. All had left to take rest after the tiring day of all this Godh Bhaarai preparations and all..
Khushi was still in the hall, sitting on the sofa, hugging her unfinished task of knitting a sweater.. For her baby.. She was so in to herself to realise two hands come under her knees and her lower back, and raise her from the sofa, in HIS arms.. She flinched and hissed just to pop her eyes back into their sockets.. She sighed..
Khushi-Arnavji, U scared me..
He was already in his night casuals, ready to go to sleep, and she was now in his arms, he had his calm eyes locked with hers, as her hands circled at his nape.. She felt so warm to him, her scent so pure. He always smirked thinking how she herself is like HIS baby, and was soon to be a mother of his baby.. He held her near her, in a caring and soft way..
Arnav-sorry, I - - I thought u slept here, so. Erm..
Khushi smiled and looked down..
Khushi-Its okay..
She suddenly realised she was in his arms.. She panicked and looked around..
Khushi-Arnavji put me down!
Arnav-Relax! Wait..
He did as she ordered.. She still faced him and blushed stealing his looks..
Arnav-Khushi its late, come, will go to sleep..
Khushi-erm, u go, I will come in a while..
Arnav-Why? U have any work down here?
He asked in a too much direct tone, he sounded harsh..
Khushi-erm, I ' I ' No.. But . I ' I am hungry'
Arnav-WHAT?! U just ate so much in dinner' Stop ur tantics and come up.. NOW..
Arnav could sense something going in her mind, and ordered her.. Khushi made a face and followed, hiding her knitting materials behind her..
***
Arshi Room..
Arnav entered their room, and walked to the pool side as he got a call.. Khushi opened their closed and hid the white sweater under a pile of her clothes, which she had just started.. She ran to the bed, and took his side of the bed to sleep, the right side, and pulled the comforter on her and closed her eyes sensing him come in..
Arnav saw her sleeping on his side of the bed and took a sigh.. He went and slept on her side on the left, and dosed off in a while..
LATE NIGHT..
Arnav was unable to get his sound sleep.. His unconscious mind realised why.. He opened his eyes NOT feeling her on him..
'Khushi', his lips whispered..
Yes.. His eyes flew open in fear.. His breathe hitched.. His wife was not besides him, and his heart jumped up.. He too jumped up to sit on the bed and ON the lights.. Her dupatta was right there, but not she.. He looked around to see her no where.. The bathroom door was open, and the pool side door was locked from the inside.. She could have not been out in the DARK.. His temple left sweat, and his nose flared..
Arnav-Khushi, if u have left me, I SWEAR!!
He gritted his teeth and pushed the comforter far to rush down.. His breaths coming in breaks as he was scared to know if she had left! He wiped to sweat from his upper lips and his legs paused on the stairs.. He was restless, yet weak to go down..
He took a deep breathe and opened his eyes.. He fisted his anger and rushed to know where she was.. He was angry, yet fear did not leave to mark him.. He was desperate to see her once, and that made him reach the hall..
The hall was dark, and she dint seem to be there.. His vision started to blur as his eyes filled with water..
Arnav-Oh Jeez.. Don't tell me ur gone Khushi.. Where are u??
He asked himself as his heard turned to see a beam of light.. He weakly went near the kitchen while slow heart beating its life in his hard chest, and the scene which his eyes caught made him loose all those fears and angers which gripped him a moment ago.. His heart smiled with his lips pouting down..
The only light which killed the dark area came from inside the refrigerator. She was sitting down, cross legged, before the open refrigerator.. Her dupatta no where to be seen, and her hair all messy.. Her eyes were so sleepy, but yet she was here.. All the sweet eatables were scattered there, around her, and she was licking random chocolate wrappers.. Most of the molten chocolates were spread on her face, she looked so cute..
Khushi-ummm.. ummm'.
She moaned and he chuckled with a weak smile.. She was still here..
These were her husband's emergency chocolates, which she was happily craving on!.. They were meant exclusively for ASR, when he got a low sugar attack..
He saw her enjoying his health bars, and nodded his head sideways.. His heart felt ripples of love for her.. He went near her and kneeled besides her (not on knees).. She was still lost licking her knuckles which had gone all messy due to the molten chocolate.. She gulped moaning again and he could just manage to suppress his chuckle again, but he lost.. She opened her sleepy eyes and skipped from her place, taking two steps away from him..
Khushi-Ha?! Aa - - Aap..?!
She gulped and heaved till the moment lasts.. He stopped smiling as he saw her moving away from him.. he became serious..
Arnav-Khushi.. What are u doing here?
She looked scared and was not able to speak up anything.. She pout her sad face and looks around to see what a mess she created.. He was still waiting for his answers.. She smudges her eyes saying..
Khushi-I - - I told you na I was hungry?!
And she yawns like a baby..
Arnav makes a 'what the-' face..
Arnav-Khushi u already ate so much! U will throw up if u eat so much..
Khushi-Ha?! What?! I know u dint like that I finished ur health bars.. But I - - I wanted to eat, and I have the right to eat as much and whatever I want to eat.. I am a Raizada Bahu..
She stands up and tried to walk but trips.. She is still sleepy and he holds her arms..
Arnav-Obviously u can Khushi.. I dint mean that.. Anyway.. Wait here till I clear ur mess..
He bends down and Khushi is leaning on the side wall in sleep.. He is winding up her mess, and she opened her eyes to see him collecting the chocolate wrappers.. She takes unsteady steps and holds his shoulders.. Her eyes falling down in deep sleep..
Khushi-I am sorry Arnavji.. Wait.. I - - I will help u..
She says in a tired and sleep voice..
She bends but he held her wrist..
Arnav-NO..
He panics..
He make her stand properly taking her near the wall, and bends down again to collect the sweet bowls which were put on display by his pregnant queen.. She was half asleep already, and she again opened her eyes to see him sorting her created mess.. She smiles in her sleepy form and giggles..
Khushi-ASR on his feet.. he he..
Arnav looked up to see her giggling on this state and put the sweet bowls back in the fridge.. He pulls her on his chest and her head takes rest on his heart.. She rounds her hands on his neck, and he bends and picks her up in his arms.. He looked at his beauty as she dozed off.. He felt shivers as her lips kissed his subtle and he quickly made a move up to their room..
***
EARLY MORNING..
Arnav wakes up to see its 6.30 am, and hears some sounds from the bathroom.. He made out that she was throwing up.. He got up and moved near the washroom.. H knocked..
Arnav-erm.. Khushi. Are u ok?
She opened the door and came out wiping her face with a white napkin.. She went and sat on the bed.. Her legs falling down, and she layed on the bed.. Arnav followed her.
Arnav-Khushi.. Am asking u something.. Are u ok?
Khushi-hmm.. I am ok Arnavji.. I want to sleep..
With that being said, he heard her dose off.. He mouthed an 'Unbelievable' and made her sleep properly and covered her with the comforter.. He was moving when she turned pulling his hand under her head and he could not help but smile.. He kneeled down on the floor and wiped some small sweat beads from her temple.. She was in a peaceful sleep, she looked like a fairy.. She was his angel.. He smiled and looked down on her belly..
Arnav- Baby. I am ur pappa .. And u know what?! From today, I will officially talk to u, through ur mamma, when she is awake, I promise.. Ur mumma will let me feel u from today, herself.. And u know what? We will know make ur mamma crazy as she is doing to me, u will know how.. He kissed her belly, it was soft, not yet developed, but his heart felt satisfaction when he talked to that invisible part of his own which was in her, their baby..
*****
Khushi opened her eyes after an hour and saw it was 7.30am.. She looked around and made out that her Arnavji would have already gone down after getting ready.. She slowly got up and took her clothes from closet, and there she looked at that small white piece of wool, which she started knitting yesterday.. She took it and kissed it closing her eyes.. She felt happy and proud.. She kept it back and went for her bath..
*****
RM Hall..
Arnav was down in the hall, reading a newspaper with his morning black coffee, when he heard Mamiji..
Mamiji-Ya ya Sasuma.. That beauty parlour wali has come. She is getting Anjali ready.. I am also going to get ready with her only.. U also - - -
Nani-Manorama!! I wont.. Ok.. ask Khushi bitiya. She likes to dress up and all.. Ask the parlour wali to go to her once Anjali and of course u are ready..
Mami-Arey Sasuma, I asked Khushi yesterday only, she told she will get ready on her own..
Nanni-hmm.. ok.. Now u go and get ready fast, I will see to the panditji and other things.
Arnav heard this and kept his newspaper and emptied his coffee in a go and went up..
*****
Arshi Room..
Khushi took her bath and came out it a while.. She was wearing a yellow chudidar.. She touched her belly, and smiled.. She went near the mirror and was staring at her own image when felt a flash-light and turned.. There, she saw heard someone clearing his throat and looked back to see Arnav looking side ways.. She put her dupatta and looked here and there..
Arnav-Erm.. Khushi, u have anything good to wear for today..
Khushi-ha? Kyu? If I don't have, I should not come kya?
She seemed confused..
Arnav-Ha? Erm. I dint mean that.. Wait.
He went near the closet, and opened it to take out a big brown box.. He closed his closet and went near her.. He handed her the packet and she looked at him confused. He replied..
Arnav-It's a choli.. For u.. Come, I will help u..
Her eyes popped out as he came near her, she took too steps back with a beating heart. He looked at her confused and again took a step towards her, and she felt vibrations in her empty belly..
Arnav-WHAT?? Stop over-reacting, I can help, u cant I?
Khushi-I can manage Arnavji.. U - - U go..
Arnav-ah! Erm.. Of course u can.. Get dressed..
He opened the box to show her a red and yellow choli.. He pushed the same in the packet back and gave her..
Khushi-Ha?! But when did I ask for one?! I cant wear this.. NO.. I am sorry but I cant accept this..
She handed him the packet brown and frowned her eye brows to look away.. He gritted his teeth to see her disobey him..
Arnav-Shut up Khushi.. Wear this.. I have all my rights to give u this..
Khushi-And I have all my rights to deny!
She said in full Mrs. ASR attitude.. He came two steps closer to her and pulled her near him.. He smirked..
Arnav-Ok.. Try me.. I wont take long to undress u and make u wear this.. Wanna try me?!
Khushi-ha?!?!?!
Arnav-Come on Khushi, its not that ur having ur chums.. Let me help na..
Khushi-Ha?
Khushi's eyes popped out and Arnav dint knew from where he said this.. He was himself shocked and his tongue was now swallowed to speak out anything more.. She was so close to him and he could feel her heaving chest against his.. Her palms gripping his hands..
Khushi-How - - How do u know abo - - about my dates?
She looked down getting embarrassed..
Arnav-erm, aa- - aa - - I am ur husband Khushi, obviosly I will know.. aa- - bbb - - Wear this now..
She pushed him and looked away breathing hard..
Khushi-I - - I cant wear that.. Its too revealing..
Arnav got it.. She felt shy.. but why?!
Arnav-Khushi, I have myself designed it long back, it not revealing.. I - I mean..
Khushi-Not that Arnavji.. I meant that its - - Its low waist, and I - - I - -
She looked away finding excuses!
Arnav-Okay Khushi.. Wear whatever ur comfortable in, no pressure.. But I would have liked if u wear this one.. Ur wish.. But wait..
He again went near his closet and opened the locker.. He took out a blue velvet box and came to her..
Arnav-Arnav Singh Raizada ki biwi ho.. Apne liye nahi toh, kam-se-kam mere liye, yeh pehen lena.. (Ur Arnav Singh Raizada's wife.. If not for urself, then wear this for me..)
He went down giving her the blue velvet box, which she opened to see a gold neck-piece and grinned with joy..
Khushi-Theek hai Arnavji, sirf aapke liye.. (ok Arnavji, only for u..)
She went away and she saw the brown packet on the recliner.. She went near and took it.. She thought for a while and sighed..
***
RM Hall..
Arnav was down, the ceremony had already started.. all the relatives were coming one by one and congratulating Anjali.. Anjali had moved on for her and her babies sake.. She felt light at heart seeing all wishing her so positively.. Not many were invited, only some close members of family were present..
Nani was besides Anjali and Mami too.. Mama and NK were busy in supervising the food and decoration department.. Arnav was sitting in a corner contented to see his Di happy.. His eyes dint forget to look for her, for his wife.. Khushi was still not down and he was ready to give her time.. Arnav Singh Raizada was patient..
He knew today is going to be big.. He was smiling seeing the future of today, when Khushi will tell him about the secret of their love, about their pregnancy without having any fears from him.. He just knew today was it..
Today was his day..
His heart was beating fast and suddenly wind blew on his face.. He felt cool.. He looked up and saw her coming down dressed in his gift..
He was happy.. He sighed..
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment