Chapter 21

(i made this banner..
)
)
Khushi reached home and directly went inside her room.. Dropping herself on her bed, she lay down to see the star above her bed and turned on her side.. She was not happy with the way Arnav demanded her to work for him.. Ya, she did get emotionally attached with Anjali, but how can she leave her present job just coz ASR asked her to join him?
She pulled the quilt over her head and the night passed..
***
Next Day..
Gupta House..
Khushi got up hearing the noises coming from her house.. She rushed outside to see her Amma helping her Babuji on a wheel chair and some Male Nurse around there taking Shashi with them.. There was an ambulance waiting outside.. She was shocked to see all this and went to her Buaji who was standing there..
Khushi-Buaji, Buaji kya hua? (What happened?) Why is Amma crying? Where are they taking my Babuji?
Khushi was not understanding anything and by the time she could go and ask something to her Amma, Garima left with Shashi.. Khushi saw the ambulance going and turned to her Buaji.. Her face was completely puzzled, and she was a bit scared too.. Buaji made her sit besides her on the sofa and put her hands over her shoulders to calm her..
Buaji-Its okay Khushi.. Listen to me..
***
Same time.. RM..
Anjali was better today, and was sitting in the garden reading some Religious Book.. But Arnav was not okay.. He was eagerly waiting for a call, and there it came..
Arnav (on call)-Ya Aman? Did u do it?
Aman replied from the other side..
Aman (on call)-Ya Sir, I talked to Mr. Bhushan..
Arnav-Did he doubt u?
Aman-No Sir.. I went there (at Bhushan Mansion) with the files to take his signatures, and opened the topic.. I managed to convince him for what u asked.. The task is done..
Arnav-Good.. See u later..
Arnav kept the call and saw his Di sitting in the garden by moving his feet near the Garden Door.. Keeping his phone in his track pant, he folded his hands on his chest and thought with a straight face..
ASR (self thought)-Khushi Kumari Gupta.. Remember, I am Arnav Singh Raizada, and I write my own destiny.. I always get what I want.. I will wait for u.. I know u will have to come to me.. And my Di, she is already getting better, u have to be here for her..
He went UP to his room for getting fresh as he just came back from his morning jog..
***
Gupta House..
Khushi was told about her father's ill health.. She was taught that Shashi was hospitalised as he was not able to eat properly lately.. She was still unaware of her Father's Stomach Cancer..
Khushi (tensed)-But Buaji, babuji is hospitalised.. How shall we manage the expenses?
Buaji-Don't worry Khushi.. Upar wala musibat baad mei deta hai, pehle uska hal bhejta hai.. (God sends difficulties later, but their solutions before..) I have some savings.. and Garima's Dabba Service is also earning average.. If okay, u can also arrange some advance from ur Job..
Khushi said she will do what she can and Buaji explained Khushi to behave normal around Shashi and Garima and not to tell anyone about this.. Khushi nodded and Buaji asked her to stay home till she comes back from the hospital where Shashi was admitted..
Khushi-But Buaji, I have to go to give tuitions.. They both are the only students I am left with..
Buaji-Aur khana kaun banayenga? Tumhari Amma? (And who will cook? Ur maa?) Look Khushi, Garima is not in a position to cook, .. So, u have to prepare the lunch today and pack the tiffins.. Ur her daughter right? U should help ur Maa at least that much.. Her Dabba Service (Tiffin Centre) is ur's also na.. After that, u can go where ever u want..
Khushi-Okay! But I will go after making the Tiffins ready.. I too have a job..
After some time, Khushi was done with making and packing the Tiffins of her Amma's Dabba Service.. She packed one for herself and left for Bhushan's place to give her tuitions to Rohan and Rohini..
***
Bhushan Mansion..
Khushi reached there, just to get a big shock.. She just met Mr. Bhushan, and came out recollecting his words.. She was lost..
*Flash Back*
Khushi-I am here Mr. Bhushan.. Where are the twins?
Khushi entered with a smile and asked Mr. Bhushan who was sitting on the sofa in the Drawing Room.. Mr. Bhushan put his newspaper away and looked at Khushi and stood up..
Mr. Bhushan-Khushi beta.. Come in.. Actually I was just waiting for u.. Sit, I need to talk to u..
Khushi sat on a sofa and Mr. Bhushan took a seat opposite to her across the table.. He seemed a bit uneasy..
Khushi-Kya hua? Aap pareshan kyu hai? (What happened? Why are u tensed? )
Mr. Bhushan-I don't know how to say it Khushi.. I was just thinking about my children's bright future, and I just thought of something today morning..
Khushi waited for him to continue..
Mr. Bhushan-I want my children to continue the classes in a Group Tutions, no more personal tuitions from u..
Khushi-What? But why sir? In dono k ank toh acche hei hai, phir? (They got good marks, then?)
Mr. Bhushan-Plz don't get me wrong beta.. Its not that u are not good.. Infact, its just ur training that they have grown less mischievous and obedient too in today's date.. But, as a father, I am thinking that Group Tutions would benefit them more.. And anyway, till when can u handle them? U will leave giving taking their classes in 2 years max, so I - - .. I just saw this Group Tutions adv. in newspaper today, its near our house, and they teach all age Groups.. So, I guess this is a better place for my kids.. And, if they start adjusting there from childhood, it will be easy for them, right?
Khushi was left with nothing to speak.. She met Rohan and Rohini for the last time before leaving and left.. She dint even bother to ask her regular fees, forget about the advance she was thinking of..
*Flash Back ENDs*
Khushi dint know what to do now.. Not that her dad was very serious, he just had some minor problem as per what she was informed, still.. She lost her job.. Least she knew who made her loose the same, Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada..
*
Khushi went back home and her day went by.. Garima was back home now Buaji was at the hospital.. Shashi's health was deteriorating and Khushi was not allowed to meet him by Garima and Buaji who made lame excuses and avoided Khushi from meeting her Babuji..
***
RM..
Arnav was anxious.. He guessed that by now Khushi would have known that she was no more needed at the Bhushan's place.. It was Aman who suggested the Group tuitions idea to Mr. Bhushan today morning, following ASR's instructions..
Arnav was waiting Khushi her to come to him and ask for the job to look after Anjali, but she dint come, neither did she call.. Maybe Khushi forgot about this..
Arnav closed his eyes thinking about Khushi and her Big Fat Ego..
***
Next Day..
Khushi asked her Amma that she wanted to go to meet her Babuji, but Garima send her at temple instead.. Khushi dint doubt on Garima, who was forcing her daughter not to visit the hospital as she dint want Khushi to worry about the expenses.. Ya, Garima knew about her daughter's losing her job..
She very much wanted to ask her to go and meet her Babuji as he was missing his daughter so much, but then, she was not allowed by Shashi, as Shashi was to be discharged in 3 days anyway, and he dint want Khushi to know about anything related to his Cancer..
*
Shashi still had two months in hand to live, and he dint want his daughter to cry for him each day.. He knew Khushi loved him very much and he dint wish for her to cry.. He wanted to see her well settled before he dies, instead of seeing the pain in his baby's eyes for loosing her father.. He still had some time left, and he wanted to spend those last days happily..
His body was getting finished, but not his hope to live.. He was hospitalised coz his Food Intake was becoming down, as his intestines were not able to take much load.. His stomach was almost trashed, and so he could not afford to eat anything.. He was being supplied nutrients artificially by the help of tubes.. He knew Khushi had a right to know, but he was being selfish so be it.. There was anyway nothing which could have been done..
*
Devi Mayya Temple..
Khushi just climbed UP in Devi Mayya Temple, and rung the bell.. She moved ahead with a Pooja Thal in her hands and went to stand besides the little crowd.. She was here to worship DM.. She looked on her side and her feet felt weak..
Khushi (whispers)-Arnavji?
She was surprised..
Actually, some two people left from besides Khushi, next to whom Anjali and Arnav were standing.. Khushi turned to see Anjali standing there with her eyes closed and Arnav next to Anjali looking at her, in fact gazing her.. She looked away as the Pandit ji came and Khushi gave him the Pooja Thal.. She again looked on the sides from the corner of her eye and saw Arnav still staring her.. She looked straight in his eye and took two steps away and gulped.. She fumbled to stand and looked ahead, that's when Anjali opened her eyes and followed her chote's gaze to see Khushi standing some feet away.. She smiled..
Anjali-Khushiji!
She made her way towards Khushi, whereas an uninterested Arnav stood on his place..
Khushi smiled at Anjali and held Anjali's arms to help Anjali stand..
Anjali-U have time to come here but meet me! How are u? U dint come to meet me yesterday.. I had been waiting.. Can I can u the reason?
Anjali Demanded an answer rather..
Khushi-Oh! Di, actually erm.. Nothing much.. My Babuji is admitted in the hospital, so.. I am sorry.. But see we met here na..
Khushi smiled and Anjali replied frowning her eye brows..
Anjali-Hey, why? Kya hua aapke Babuji ko? (What happened to ur father?)
Arnav looked at her.. He indirectly knew why Shashi was admitted..
May be he was not standing with them, but he could clearly hear what these two ladies were talking..
Khushi-Actually Di, nothing much.. He is not able to eat properly.. So, ya.. Nothing serious my Amma said..
Khushi was smiling genuinely and Arnav noticed that..
Arnav thought.. Was it that Khushi was hiding about her father's cancer from Anjali coz she dint want Anjali to feel bad at this stage of her life? Or was that Khushi herself dint know? No no.. She is Shashi Gupta's daughter, how can she not know about her own dad.. Maybe its that Khushi dint want to tell this news to Anjali and make her sad..
Arnav went near the ladies after a while..
Arnav-Di, we need to leave.. Ur doctor's appointment today..
Anjali-Ya chote, just a minute.. Khushiji, come home if uncle gets better.. I hope he gets better soon.. DM sab theek kar dengi.. I would love ur company.. I stay alone as chote as so much work from 2 days u see!
Arnav-I will be there for u Di, coz Khushi cant.. She has a job..
Arnav mocked and Khushi felt bad..
Khushi-Well, I don't have any job anymore.. And ha Di, I will come by when I am free..
Anjali smiled..
Anjali-Anytime Khushiji.. And chote, u wait here.. I will just meet the Pujari ji and come..
ASR -Now where Di?
He was irritated but Anjali already left.. Arnav turned to Khushi and she gave him a stare..
Arnav-What?
Khushi-I know Arnavji.. I know why u told that.. About my job..
Arnav sealed his lips to think if she knows that he was the one for her to lose her only job.. But not so soon..
Khushi-I know I have to pay u.. So what if I don't have a job anymore? U have my word, I will pay u soon, plz give me some time..
Oh ho! And he thought she knew about his plan..
ASR -I dint ask u to return my money.. Infact I can pay u double than ur previous job.. All I asked for is to look after my sister.. Its not that ur company is something extra ordinary for my Di Miss. Gupta.. I can afford 10 best nurses better than u at the same time..
Khushi-BUT Di got better with my presence so u asked me.. Right? Don't worry, I wont think anything else..
Arnav just opened his mouth to speak something to get shut by Khushi again..
Khushi-Arnavji I can come, and I will, not a problem, but plz stop comparing everything in terms of money..
ASR-Why? Money can buy everything.. Oh Sorry.. Everything BUT U.. U want to show that ur better than me?
Khushi-Ha? Whom will I show? U are taking me wrong.. I too care for di!
ASR-Whatever.. I don't want ur explanations.. U can come to Shantivan (RM) for doing ur fake social service, and I will pay u thinking ur doing a Job for me..
Khushi was really hurt by his sentence..
Khushi (self talk)- Means he thinks I will do his work as a social service, and he will see me as his employee? Here I am trying to help him in humanity, and he is still weighing my sincerity with his money? Okay! So be it! I will render my service and care, then let him think that I am doing a job..
And the other side Arnav, he himself dint understand from when and where he started to speak so rudely.. Maybe he was suppressing some emotions which were trying to come out when Khushi was around.. He dint want to express himself..
Khushi just looked down and spoke..
Khushi-Okay.. I can do it.. But then, I need some advance too, for personal reasons..
Arnav-Apne babuji ke liye.. (For ur Babuji? )
He narrowed his eyes in question..
Khushi looked in his eye in surprise and looked away.. Ya, she thought of asking some advance for her Babuji only, as her Amma's sole income would be used in grocery and every day's small expenses, and her Buaji's saving wont be enough.. But how did he understand that so easily.. Anyway.. She needed a Job and so told him a Yes..
ASR-U shall be paid the advance, that is half of ur salary.. U can come from tomorrow.. What time u need to come and leave, that I shall decide.. And ya, remember, ur there for just my Di.. Get that thing straight..
Khushi-I know my job well.. I shall come from tomorrow, and I don't mind.. But - -
ASR-But what?
Anjali just came there from behind but these two dint realise..
Khushi-U need to talk to my parents..
ASR-Excuse me? I offering u a Job for my Di, not a Marriage Proposal for myself..
Khushi jumped and looked at him in instance to reply straight..
Khushi-And I am not even interested in marrying u..
Ya, she lied!
ASR-Many but u.. Anyway who will marry u? Tumhari toh sagai tuti hai na? Kaunsa accha aadmi tumse kaun shadi karega? (Ur engagement is broken right? Which good man will marry u?)
She gasped and looked away as her eyes filled up.. She looked down turning her face away from him and rubbed her eyes.. Gosh! He dint intend to say that.. It was just - - just slip of tongue..
Anjali-Chote? How can say that?
Anjali appeared and went to stand besides Khushi..
Anjali-I heard everything Khushiji.. I am sorry on my brother's behalf.. I am sure he dint mean that.. PAUSE.. Khushiji, u will come na?
Before Khushi could speak anything, the Panjitji came from behind and returned Khushi her Pooja Thal, filled with Prasad (Sweets) and Pooja ke phool (flowers).. She looked at Anjali and nodded with a faded smile in between her tears and gave Anjali the Prasad..
Anjali went down, but Arnav stayed, as Anjali eyed Arnav to say sorry to Khushi and then only come down..
Khushi-Prasad..
She eyed him to guide his hands forward to take the prasad..
Khushi-I know u don't believe in God.. I can give this as Prasad, but u can take it as a sweet..
She was still so calm! How?
Arnav-Sorry.. Am diabetic..
She looked down and before Arnav could say something, she already left..
***
Evening..
Gupta House..
Garima (yelling)-Khushiii, aaeee Khushiii' I am going to the hospital with ur babuji's dinner.. Will come tomorrow morning.. Close the door.. Come fast beta..
Khushi dint knew her Babuji had stomach cancer, and Garima used to take tiffin everyday, so that Khushi does not doubt that his father has any stomach cancer..
Garima and Buaji were taking turns to be by Shashi's side in the hospital..
Garima (still yelling)-Ur Buaji will come once I reach the hospital.. Serve her dinner hot.. U too eat and sleep..
Khushi came out from her room and Garima was leaving for the hospital..
Khushi-Amma, I also want to come..
Garima-Khushi! I am not going there to play rides..
Khushi-Amma! Its been 2 days now I have seen Babuji.. Can't u stay back and I go there tonight?
Garima-Its not safe for u to be there Khushi, and anyway I am going na.. Just 2 days more and ur Babuji will be back! He is better the doctor said..
Garima faked an assuring smile and spoke that with a stone on her heart.. Khushi gave up and nodded..
Garima-Don't open for anyone till Buaji comes back.. The world is not good beta.. Keep the door locked..
Khushi nodded and Garima left..
***
Night..
Gupta House..
It was past 9.00pm already and Buaji was still not home.. Khushi already heated food for her Buaji twice.. She changed in her yellow green dress, and sat on the sofa..
It was two days and she was missing her Babuji.. Apart from that, today morning in the temple, Arnav's words made her cry.. She did hear such words from some of her relatives and neighbourhood, but that dint affect her, but Arnav's one sentence left marks on her heart.. She still got pain in her chest recollecting that..
She had no one to share her talks with.. She was feeling suffocated..
Khushi got up from the sofa and opened the windows.. Next went in the kitchen and put a pan on the stove and turned ON the gas stove.. She poured some oil in the pan and making some batter, she started to make Jalebis.. Making Jalebis was her stress bursting option..
This smell reached out to someone who was at the door and rang the door bell..
*TING TING*
Khushi heard the bell and her eyes went big.. She saw the heap of Jalebis she just made and turned the gas Off.. She got hyper all of a sudden and thought..
Khushi (self thought)-Hey Devi Mayya! Buaji will scold me if she sees what I did! Save me..
Praying that, she rushed to open the door, and was surprised to see the face when she opened the door.. She almost screamed on His face..
Khushi-Aap??
ASR was standing there.. Why was he here? Had he not said enough to her in the temple.. Arnav had a straight face while replying..
ASR-I came to talk to ur Amma.. Can I come in?
Khushi-Ha? About what?
She asked slowly in doubt.
Arnav-About the Job, obviously! What else?
Khushi-Erm.. But this time?
She asked a bit hesitated..
Arnav-Why? Are they asleep?
Khushi-Did u see the time before coming here Mr. Raizada?
Khushi moved a bit and pointed at the Wall Clock inside her house..
Arnav-Erm.. Actually, I - -.. Actually I don't get out until Di falls asleep, so.. Hey wait.. Are those Jalebis??
Arnav asked as his eyes fell on the heap of Jalebis kept on the kitchen counter, and Khushi looked away instead of replying..
Arnav-Hey! Tell me.. From where u got them at this time?
Khushi-I made them myself, do u mind?
Arnav-U MADE THEM? ALL OF THEM?
Khushi's hands went on her hips.. She stared him blankly in a rough way..
He looked away and then again at her..
Arnav-No, actually, erm.. Di was craving for them, and I checked out many places but, no luck.. So I asked..
He was giving an explanation!
Khushi thought of something..
Khushi-Kya? Di ko chahiye? Then take them na.. Take them all..
She replied in glee and asked Arnav to follow her.. Arnav was surprised.. Was she not angry on him? He came here to talk to her parents as she wanted, and also brought the advance in Cash for her..
Khushi (self thought)- Before Buaji comes, I should give Arnavji all these (Jalebis)..
Arnav came in closing the door behind.. He saw there was no one around.. He waited till she packed the Jalebis in a container.. She gave him the same with a smile which soon faded when he asked..
Arnav-Is ur father okay? That's why u made the Jalebis?
Khushi remained silent for a while and spoke..
Khushi-No.. He is still in the hospital.. Zarasal hum jab bhi naraaz hote hai, tab hum jalebiya banate hai.. Aur abhi bi humne jalebi issi liye banayi kyuki - - kyuki hum naraaz hai.. (Actually I - - I make Jalebis when I am upset.. And right now also I was upset so..)
Arnav-Meri wajah se? (Coz of me?)
She looked in his eyes and so did he.. The was a moment of silence which was broken by the Bell Ring.. Khushi looked away and heard..
Arnav-I should leave.. I just came to give u this, ur advance..
He was keeping the Envelope of Cash on the table, when Buaji yelled from outside..
Buaji (yelling)-Aree Sankaa Debii' Darvajja kholoo.. (Open the door..)
Khushi's jaw dropped and her eyes popped out.. She held Arnav's hand and pulled him inside the room and Arnav was stunned..

Arnav-What the-..
Khushi cornered him on the wall and pushed her palms over his pouting lips..
Khushi (whispering fast)-Plz don't make noise, Buaji is out.. What will she think if she sees u here this time.. Plz stay here.. Please..
She pleaded and he looked in her eyes.. She left his mouth and took two steps behind embarrassed..
She joined her hands..

Khushi-Plz stay here for a while..
She again heard Buaji knocking and ran out not before looking at Arnav once..

He was left in Khushi's room alone.. It was a dark room..
*
Buaji-Why did u take so much time?
Buaji asked entering the house and Khushi was fiddling with her dupatta..
Khushi-Wo.. I was - - I was heating the dinner for u..
Buaji's nose flinched..
Buaji-Sanka Devi.. U made jalebis?
Khushi was caught..
Buaji-hey DM.. Khushi.. I told u not to worry na.. Shashi babua is alright.. Okay.. I am here now.. U go and sleep.. U seem to be very tired.. Go Sanka Debi.. Jao..
Khushi-Buaji, I will give u dinner first..
Buaji-I can take that myself.. U go and sleep, come..
Buaji held her hand and started dragging Khushi to Khushi's room.. Least she knew, who was hiding there.. Khushi tried to resist but Buaji pushed her inside the room and went ON the lights.. Khushi closed her eyes tight expecting a 'Haay Re Nand Kishore' from her Buaji, and there Buaji went..
Buaji-Haay Re Nand Kishore..! See what u have done to the room Khushi.. U never keep things tidy.. Just see the state of ur Bed.. Go, sleep now..
Khushi opened her eyes to just see herself and her Buaji present.. Was Arnavji gone? And her bed, so untidy?.. The quilt was spread open and fluffed.. She saw the open window flapping and making noise.. Maybe ya, He went.. She took a breathe of relief and removed her dupatta keeping on the side table..
Buaji pushed Khushi on the Bed and spoke while closing the open window..
Buaji-Sleep now..
Khushi's immedaitly bumped UP to stand on her feet, and now she knew where Arnavji disappeared.. He was sleeping below that quilt..
Buaji-Arey aee Khushi! I told u to sleep na? Come on.. Sleep.. Arey soo ja..
Buaji pushed Khushi on the Bed and she fell on Him, her back hitting him over the quilt.. She saw Buaji removing the quilt and Khushi stood up again..
Khushi-Buaji!
She yelled and continued..
Khushi-Buaji.. I - - I will sleep.. I am sleeping only.. See..

She got on the Bed and went inside the quilt just to see ASR flaring his nose.. She gulped and covered him properly and Buaji smiled at Khushi..
Buaji-Khushi.. Don't worry about ur Babuji.. I told u na, nothing to worry at all.. Khamakha pareshan matt ho.. Sab theek hei hai.. Soo ja titaliya..
Khushi nodded and tried to close her eyes showing all around is normal..

Arnav heard.. So that means, Khushi does not know about her father's cancer?!
Buaji switched Off the lights but Khushi was still not moving, not knowing the figure besides her already did..

Arnav turned in anger towards Khushi..

But all his anger dropped down once,

Arnav saw her innocent face..

He stared her patiently..

Khushi sighed in relief, and turned to see him staring her and looked away feeling uncomfortable.. After a moment, she gulped to look up and got up.. He was still gazing her? Why?

Khushi poked Arnav's shoulders asking him to come out, but Arnav was lost.. She again called him..
Khushi-Arnavji!
Arnav's chain of thoughts broke and he looked away, and so did Khushi..

Her eyes were looking so pure, and those lips, so sweet, he remembered.. She was herself so good, how can her fate be so unfair? Her father was counting his last days and she dint even know.. Should he tell her, or not? She did have a right to know..
He looked at her too, and again kept staring her, but with a pity..
Khushi looked here and there sitting on her Bed and thought move Arnav who was shamelessly staring her and making her conscious.. He realized ..
Khushi-Arnavji, erm..
Arnav-Listen.. I - -
Buaji barged in..
Buaji-Whom are u taking to Khushi?
Buaji went to ON the lights and Khushi pushed Arnav and fell over him and pulled the quilt over them and replied..
Khushi-Kisi se bhi toh nahi Buaji.. Hum sapna dekh rahe hai.. (No one Buaji.. I am dreaming..)
Buaji-Pagal ladki.. (Mad girl..)
Buaji left and Khushi realised the position she was in.. She never meant to sleep over him, but the situation forced her.. He was below her, and her body was resting on him.. Their breathes kissing each other.. She was embarrassed, and tried to get up, when she felt him holding her love handles and turning her to make her lie below him and came over her..
She was holding his collars and her lips opened themselves.. Her lips shivered and her breathing accelerated.. He knew she was too nave, but he also knew the effect he had on her.. Many of his Female Business Partners tried to seduce him, but he was never affected.. And here, Khushi's one gasp made his emotions flow.. What was happening to him? Why he got affected from her one healthy touch?
He dint bother to find the answers and got up leaving her on the Bed and she opened her eyes to gulp her thirsty throat.. She was ashamed of showing what she felt for him.. And she felt more embarrassed when he left her, making her feel that it was only she who wanted for what he parted.. It seemed as if it was only her, who was not able to get over her desires.. So shameful..
Khushi-I think u should.. Erm.. Leave Arnavji..
She said looking the other side taking her dupatta and putting it on her shoulders..
Arnav-Hmm.. I shall see u tomorrow.. Sharp at 8.00 am.. Inside Shantivan..
Before she could nod a YES, he was gone! Khushi got up to run behind him and saw the envelope of Cash he brought kept on her drawing room table.. She took it and ran behind him and saw him entering his SUV and zooming away with that container of Jalebi.. Buaji had already slept in the other room, and Khushi stood in the Balcony for a while.. She turned around to see a shooting star and closed her eyes..
***
RM..
Arnav reached home and went to his Di's room.. To his surprise, she was not sleeping, but was standing at the poolside of her Room and gazing the stars..
Today was her routine check up with her doctor, and she was happy that her baby was developing well.. She was really happy.. Two months yet for her delivery, and her baby will go safe in her chote's hands.. But her chote dint know that she was dying.. She faked her happiness so well.. She was adamant to make her chote marry the Right girl which she thought she had found, Khushi!
Arnav-Di? U dint sleep yet?
Anjali turned and saw Arnav.. She smiled.. Arnav came towards her and they both sat on the poolside recliner..
Anjali-I was not able to sleep chote.. But now I guess, I can..
Arnav-Ya? Coz I came back?
Anjali-Hmmm..
Arnav-Okay.. Come inside.. It will grow cold here..
He led Anjali inside..
Arnav-BTW Di, I brought the Jalebis..
She smiled and blinked her eyes in thank u..
Helping his Di lay on the bed, he smiled and was getting up when Anjali held his wrist and stopped him.. He turned around..
Anjali-Chote, when I was at the pool side, I saw something..
Arnav kneeled down on his knees and held his Di's hand..
Arnav-What Di?
He asked calmly..
Anjali-A shooting star..
Anjali replied with a small smile..
Arnav stood up leaving her hand.. He turned his back to his Di..
Arnav-Di.. Jo taara khud tut raha hai, wo kisi aur ko kya dega? (Di.. The star which is falling, how can he provide anything to anyone..)
Anjali-Then whom would I ask?
Arnav-Di, u want anything? Ask me.. But mind it Di, anything BUT marriage..
He was still facing his back to her..
Anjali-Its Okay chote.. My wishes shall be granted when time comes..
ASR-Good Night..
And he left the room for Anjali to look out in the sky and smile seeing some shining stars..
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment