xx
Chapter 9
Arnav had no other option but to bow down to his Di and take her to the old Chandni Chawk temple she was bugging him about. They were in the car, just about to reach the temple. They were too early, as Arnav asked his Di to visit temple early, or else the crowd would increase and that would be difficult for her.
Anjali was wearing the Red- Gifts from her husband, and Arnav was concentrating on the road. It was a traffic halt due to the red-signal and Arnav was looking outside, when..
Anjali-Chote, u can come in if u want.. I mean, u too must be missing those old memories na?
Arnav-Di, I have made it much clear that I wont be coming there, and once a no, always a no. Now do u want to go or should I turn the car back to RM?
Anjali-obviously I want to go chote, don't sound so rude. Anyway, the signal is green now, lets go.
*He drove and they reached.*
Arnav-Di, u go and come, as it is that its not that crowded, go and come fast.. don't make me come in and pull u out.
Anjali-hmm.. okay..
She smiles and gets down..Arnav too gets down with her..

Arnav-take care Di, and be back the moment ur work is done.
Anjali corrected him..
Anjali-Chote, I will come back once I do the darshan (worship) of DM..
Arnav made a face and Anjali moved in.. Her face showed glow and she was really happy indeed.. She was wearing her Shyam's gifts, and above that, it was the same temple she used to visit with her maa and chote when they were tosmall. None from her maa or Arnav were there with her at present, besides her, but both were there, always there for her, be it physically or heartily..
***
Anjali was remembering her childhood and was lost in comparing the old beauty of the surroundings with the present. She was walking with pride, with that 6 months bump on her tummy, when she hit a middle aged lady who held her from dis-balancing herself.
Lady-Slowly beta, slowly.. u should take care..
Anjali smiled..
Anjali-oh! Am sorry, I was so lost. I actually used to come here when I was a kid. The beauty is still the same, I was actually searching for the new DM clay idol which is to be inaugurated, and I was lost in the same.. thanks for holding me aunty..
Lady-Its okay beta, but be more carefull the next time. BTW, u are so early here?
I mean why so early? The inauguration is still to happen after an hour. And are u alone?
Anjali-na na, I am with my chote, I mean my younger brother. He is out, and I am here just to see the new DM clay idol. I heard its so very pretty. Once the crowd will come, I cant see it, I have to go back.. So I came early. Do u know where it aunty?
Lady smiled at Anjali and cupped her face..
Lady-beta, ur so lucky u know, wait.
Lady called out her daughter.
Lady-Khushiii… aeee Khushi…
Khushi came running from behind in a plane pink and white chudidaar. Her pom-poms jumping together. (dirty minds – I mean pom-poms on her sleeves)
Khushi-ji amma?
Garima-Anjali beti, myself Garima Gupta, and this is my daughter khushi, Khushi and I have only made that clay idol. Khushi, ja, zara inhe apne DM ke darshan karake aa, ja.. (Khushi, take her to do our DM's worship.)
Khushi-par amma - - abhi waqt hai..(But amma, there is still time.,)
Garima-beta, DM is still to be covered, and see, this lady seems to be much pregnant. I cant see her disappointed. Ask the Pandit-ji at once. I know him, he wont deny..
Khushi nodded and Anjali thanked Garima for the favour. Khushi held Anjali from her shoulders when Anjali said..
Anjali-Thank u khushiji, par hum theek hai, hum chal sakte hai.. aap bas Pandit ji ki aagya le aayiye, uske baad hum chalenge..(I am fine, but u go and take the permit from the Pandit ji. We will go then.)
Khushi-erm, ok, u wait and I will just come taking Pandit Satyanand's permission..
Anjali's smile fainted as khushi left. She was stunned to hear that name after years. Her eyes over flowed happy tears and she mouthed – 'dada?'..
She followed khushi with eagerness to meet the pandit. Her face all so happy.
She followed to see khushi stop and talk to the Pandit. His back was facing Anjali and she was not able to make out if he was the same Pandit. And there, he turned smiling at khushi, and khushi seemed to be thanking him. Anjali smiled more broad. It was the same pandit.
Khushi came. She saw Anjali smiling and crying..
Khushi-Anjali ji, what happened? Are u okay?
Anjali-ya ya, am fine, can we go or have I to wait?
She said wiping her tears and maintaining her happy face.
Khushi-erm ya, we can go..
She smiled back and Khushi took her to the other room of the temple and Anjali saw the DM clay idol. She bowed down joining her hands and asked for her chote's happiness and for her baby's too. She thanked DM for all she had got in her life.
She turned to face khushi..
Anjali-khushiji, its really so beautiful, thank u for letting me worship HER (DM) before anyone else. Am grateful to u..
Khushi-oh no no Anjali ji, that's ok.. come.. lets move out..
Anjali thanked her and khushi got to start her chirp in front of someone (Anjali). She started chirping and Anjali also added to it. Both the young ladies became friends in minutes and sat besides each other at the nearby bench. They chatted for a while when the Pandit, Pandit Satyanand came there and said to khushi.
Pandit-Khushi beta, all the preparations are almost done. We can handle the rest. Thanks to you and ur amma for the help. God bless u.. u can go if u want.
Khushi-the pleasure is all ours Panditji.. eerm, she is my new friend, Anjali di.. (looking at anjali) Can I call u di?
Anjali smiled and nodded. Pandit stared at Anjali, as if he was trying to recollect something very hardly, but failing.
Pandit-Anjali..hmm. beta, have u come here before? I mean like, 20 years back..?
Anjali stood up and khushi just stared at the duo in confusion. She choose to remain silent.. Anjali smiled.
Anjali-so u recognised me dada? I am Anjali, ur Anjali dada.. I used to come here with my Maa and Arnav.. Arnav Singh Raizada, am his elder sister.. Aparna Singh Raizada's elder daughter! Anjali, I am Anjali Shyam Jha now..
Pandit seemed to be very happy.. He now remembered all clearly..
Aparna (Anjali-Arnav's amma) was the one lady, who used to come to this very temple to worship DM everyday.. At that time, Pandit Satyanand was the keeper of the temple. He was the one to pass Aparna the gyan (knowledge) he had, of all the Lords and history of Lords. He used to tell mythological stories to anxious Anjali and a not-so-interested Arnav.. They both used to come with Aparna when they were too small. All the meetings stopped after one bad day, the day Aparna died and the children were thrown out of their house, just to be taken in by their nani. Their father died when Arnav was very small.
Pandit-I heard about Aparna bitiya, and also about u two. Anyway, I am very happy to see u so happy beta. Where is ur younger chote? Arnav beta?
Anjali *chuckled* - he is out dada, remember he used to an have allergy to come inside the temple? He still has the same. He is down..
Khushi felt the name so much familier,
Khushi (to herself) –Arnav Singh Raizada?! Hamme aisa kyu lagg raha hai ke humne ye naam kahi suna hua hai? Kheerr.. (why do I think that I have heard this name somewhere? Anyway.. )
but she could not re-collect..
Pandit-oh! Ha ha.. I know. But his wife? Is she the same as him? You are alone here, get ur bhabhi too.
Anjali-that's the thing dada.. u have to help me find one suitable girl for him, he is yet not married.
Khushi-I - -I will come in a while..
Khushi smiled and left..
***
Arnav was waiting down for his di, it was taking her much time, and he was done waiting.. he was about to move in, when his phone ringed and it appeared to be his jiju, Shyam..he picked up the call..
Arnav-jiju, u called? Now? Anything urgent?
Shyam-Arnav, actually I had to tell u something. I have to go to Sweden for sometime, maybe 2 months, I don't know how to tell Anjali, plz help me Saale – Sahab..
Arnav-but suddenly? What happened?
Shyam-Arnav, actually, I wanted to surprise Anjali by telling her that I have got an opportunity to continue my Law career there.. You know I have graduated from here, and practicing in India was not by my choise.. I have worked under many experienced Lawyers , but now I that I have got an opportunity to start here, I had thought to buy a new Flat and settle all and then give Anjali a surprise..
Arnav-So, that means u will be shifting there? at Sweden? With Di?
Arnav was feeling a tug in his heart, but he knew his Di wuld be happy to know that Shyam was planning so much for their future.. He knew Shyam loved his Di the most, maybe more than Arnav himself.. Arnav was not happy with the thought that his Di will be settling outside India, but he was still happy as he knew at heart, that Shyam will keep her happy..
Shyam- No Arnav, I have not told her anything yet.. as I told you, it's a surprise, I will tell her tonight that I am going, but wont tell why.. I had to tell u atleast, coz u are my ultimate back-up .. ha ha.. *laughs*…
Arnav-I am happy jiju.. I - -
Suddenly Arnav's hand was hit by another soft hand, and he jerked, which led his mobile to fall down..
Arnav-What the - -
*
Khushi was moving down, outside, lost in herself.. she was playing with her dupatta and looking here and there.. she was seeing a group of saadhus (saints) dressed in oranage, coming towards the temple Area.. they were releasing red color (kum-kum) in the air and dancing and coming towards the temple.
. She accidentally hit a hard shoulder and uttered a sorry when she saw HIM..

Arnav (angrily) -tum??

Khushi (shocked) –Aap?? Aap toh hamare waale ASR hai na?
Her eyes went big and so did his.. both had their mouths hanging, and there, she saw that his mobile had fell down due to her hand push..
Arnav-Excuse me, Mai tumhara waala ASR nahi hu. Am ASR, Arnav Singh Raizada..

Arnav-And BTW, do u ever pay attention when u walk?
Khushi-am, am sorry, I - -

She took up his mobile lying on the ground and wiped it with her dupatta.. she passed him the same with an embarrassed smile on her face..
Khushi-sorry..
Arnav snatched it and turned around.. She knew he was not interested to talk with him, but she had to thank him for the last time..
Khushi-excuse me, erm, I wanted to thank u for the last time, I could not thank u coz before I do, u had moved on.. Thank u Mr. Raizada..
He moved around to see her and she looked down in a confusion. She was confused, how did she remember his name? how did it suddenly come on her lips? She looked at Arnav..
Khushi-Arnavji, right?
Arnav-Arnavji nahi, Arnav, Arnav Singh Raizada.. and are u done thanking me? Then move on..

Just then a Saadhu (saint) in an orange dhoti came from khushi's back.. his beard was white and long, and his looks were so scary.. he tapped khushi's shoulder and khushi jerked to turn at him.. she took to steps back near Arnav and both heard the saint say..

Saadhu-Excuse me lady, plz make some way, a group of saadhus is coming.. u are blocking the way, tell ur husband to move his car to the parking area..
Khushi-ha? He – he is not my husband..

But the Saadhu had already left.. And Khushi turned to face HIM..
***
Anjali-that's the thing dada.. u have to help me find one suitable girl for him, he is yet not married.
Pandit-hmm, I thought so.. u have anything in mind, I mean class of girl, or any particular quality? If not, then I have one girl in mind. Her amma just talked to me before a while.
Anjali-Oh really?! Dada, until and unless she is good in behaviour and has the ability to mind my chote, I am not at all concerned about any class or status..
Pandit-hmm, how do u feel about khushi? The girl u just met? She is a very beautiful, and sincere girl u see. Ya, a bit childish at heart, but just like u.. devoted, and hardworking. Hr family is well to do, and decent in all ways.. they are middle-class, but well respected people..
Pandit described Khushi's back-ground and Anjali herself judged her to be A-1 by her behaviour and manners.
Anjali-Dada, if u are telling, then the girl must be perfect. But chote - - I will send my word later, I cant open the topic of marriage to chote at present, he will sooo kill me..
She burst out laughing and the Pandit asked.
Pandit- But Anjali beta, u are happy na? I can see ur expecting. God bless u with a healthy child..
Anjali-ya dada, I am very happy.. thank u..
Just then someone called the Panditji from behind, and he had to take a leave.. Anjali promised him to meet later and also took the Pandit's mobile number. She bid the Pandit bye and walked out trying to hide her excitement from her chote.
No comments:
Post a Comment