Friday, February 22, 2013

Arhi FF - Married To Satisfy Her Last Wish - Chapter 12

Chapter 11

xx

Chapter 12
(this banner is made by me.. LOL)

Raizada Mansion..

It took some 2 hours and the shanti path was done.. Garima was taking prasaad from Pandit Satyanand.. He looked at Garima and said..

Pandit-Garima beta, u told me ur looking for a suitable groom for Khushi right?
Garima's eyes shined..

Garima-ya ya. U have any in mind?

Pandit-u see Anjali's brother, he would be a good choice for khushi if u consider.. aage tumhari marzi.. (ultimately ur wish..)

Garima-if u are telling, it will be good for Khushi.. I will see to it, thank U..
Panditsmiled and Garima took the prasaad.. Garima's cell rang and she picked up reading who it was..

Garima-are u fine Khushi ke babuji? U are all right na?

Shashi spoke from the other hand..
Shashi (coughing) ' Ya ya.. *coughs* am good.. u try and come back home soon.. *coughs* am all right don't take tension..

Garima-hey Devi Mayya.. did u take ur medicines? U did not right?

Shashi-what difference does it even make now? Am anyway dying, just waiting to see out Khushi settled.. this cancer will take my life anytime now..

Garima was almost in tears..
Garima-Don't speak all this plz.. I cant take this all u know.. kuch nahi hoga aapko suna aapne... (nothing will happen u, did u listen?

Shashi-oh Garima, this the last stage of my cancer, u know my heart will stop beating anytime..*cough* I was just calling to know if u and my Khushi are safe?

Garima-we are safe. U plz take care and we are coming.. I have something to tell u..
She gulped her tears down as she kept the call..

***

Mami was anxiously waiting to talk to Garima about Khushi and NK.. And Anjali was just wishing she can be the first to talk about Khushi and her chote with Garimaji.. 
But, to her bad luck, Mamiji was first.. Khushi was not seen anywhere around as Anjali had disturbed her to make her leave the area and wait at the pool-side of her room, till she joins her there.. 
She was going towards Garima when she listened to mami who was standing with Garima holding her hands..

***
 At Anjali's Room..Pool-Side.. 

Khushi was near the pool-side waiting for Anjali as she had sent her here.. He turned back as she saw a shadow.. She saw Anjali's brother there. She saw NK smiling at her'

NK-Khushiji, hi.. I am NK.. Nand Kishor..

Khushi smiled a bit and did a namaste for Nk to pull back his hand which he forwarded for a handshake..

NK-Khushiji, what are u doing here? U had any work? May I help u?

Khushi-oh na.. Actually Anjali di had sent me here.. Don't know why.. but I guess she forgot am waiting.. he he.. I think I should leave..

NK-Khushiji wait.. Erm.. Ur looking nice..

Khushi-erm, ah .. Thanks.. Lets go'
She was leaving when again NK stopped her by his call..

NK-Khushi, wait.. I need to tell u something..

Khushi-kya? (What?)

NK-I - - I - - I like u Khushiji..

Khushi's eyes popped out..
Khushi-ha? What?

NK-see, I am too cool to talk with girls, but when I saw u, I - - I just could not speak anything.. I know I might sound crazy, but I have fell in love with u.. I am here to get married.. I would love to marry u, will u marry me?

Khushi-Excuse me, are u playing a game with me? Who are u NKji? I - - I mean - -I know ur Anjaliji's bhai from U.S.A. but.. I - -

NK-I am Nank Kishore and I am a decent boy.. u can ask Di.. Anjali di..

Khushi-erm, I can make out that.. but I - - I don't know u.. plz excuse me..
She was making her way out when he held her wrist and slowly turned her to face him' She pulled out of his loose grip and he smiled casually and started..

NK-Khushjiji, I am 23.. I work in a M.N.C. at U.S.A. and I am very cool as u can see.. I like green color, I love to play angry birds when I am free.. I had many girlfriends in past.. My present FaceBook status is single, and my profile pic is this (make a 'yo-yo' sign with hands and pulls in his cheeks) and ha, I love dogs.. I love Salmaan Khan too..

Khushi who was patiently waiting for this dizzy lecture to end, suddenly felt energized hearing the name of her favourite Salmaan Khan.. She smiled a big time at NK..

Khushi-ha? U too love Salmaan? OMG.. same pinch.. but Nanhe ji, I - - I am not ready for this marriage thing and all.. So.. sorry.. I think we should move out' and one more thing, I am too young, and anyway I told my amma that I wont marry any soon..

NK-Not any soon right? But u will marry some-one, someday.. Right!?

Khushi-see, ur from U.S.A. and I - - well, that's secondary, but wait. I don't think u are in love.. I am sorry if I hurt u Nanheji, there is no such intension.. What is love??
 
NK-but I know .. I love u.. ur beautiful..

Khushi-ha? Look.. I do believe in love, but its not about beauty.. I don't think we are too mature to understand what is love at this stage.. Love is something which u feel from inside, and I can see a good friend in u for myself and I can well say, that u could like me as a friend, but cant love me.. I am not made for u.. U can call me friend Nanheji, nothing else..

NK-but wait, u believe in love, and not love at first sight?
Khushi was lip sealed.. yeah, she did believe in love, but she just met NK.. She dint feel anything for him, she dint blush at all around him.. She hardly knew him to judge him and his talks.. yeah he did seem decent, but she was not able to digest that she just got a marriage proposal!


***
Down in the Hall.. RM..
Mami-Garimaji, we are from a respected family and so are u.. I wont like to stretch the talk, and so I here by come to the point.. I liked ur daughter Khushi for my NK.. I am his only relative, and as his Masi turned Maa, I would like to ask ur Khushi's hand for him.. Do u agree? Plz say yes..

Garima was just stunned to make out the meaning from Manorama's words..

Garima-ha? What? Wait.. u are asking my Khushi's hand for NK bitwa? We hardly know u' And u too don't know us. I mean, ur well respected around here, and I know u are very high personalities, but..

Mami-Oh Garimaji, high ' low, which generation are u living in? We all are humans at the end of the day. And ha, NK is Anjali's brother.. U know Anjali right?? NK is her brother.. We are good people..

Garima looked at the Pandit who was winding up his pooja particulars, and remembered how he suggested Anjali's brother for her Khushi.. She wanted to say yes, but then, so fast? Well, she too had no time to give second thoughts as Shashi was really not going to make it long.. But then U.S.A. ka NK? That means Khushi also needs to leave for The States after her marriage?

Mami-I know its so fast for u to decide this thing all of the sudden, ur Khushi's mother afterall.. Talk to her father and then reply, I don't mind.. I know I am asking all this very soon, but the thing is that we are here just for a week and - - Anyway, am very excited and cant wait to hear a yes.. plz tell yes.. Do u have any objection? My NK is fit in all ways, he works in a M.N.C as I told..

***
 Arnav's Room.. RM..
Anjali heard Mami's talks, and went to her chote's room in frustration.. He seemed to be no where.. Her mood was so off, and her mood-swings had started..

Anjali-chote.. chote where are u? come out RIGHT NOW..
She saw her chote coming out of the washroom and the first thing he heard was..

Anjali-have u known Khushiji before today?

Arnav-ha? Why? Why do u ask that di? And wait, why are u s restless? Come, sit down first.. come..
Anjali sat on the bed as Arnav guided.. He sat besides her holding her hand on her left..

Arnav-now tell me, did she do anything?

Anjali-chote not she, but our mami..

Arnav-Great! What happened? Tell me'

Anjali-chote mami, she - - that NK and Khushi..

Arnav-wait, if its about that Gupta girl, I am least bothered..

Anjali-chote suno toh.. Listen na.. that mami fixed NK with Khushiji.. I wanted to fix Khushiji with u..


Arnav jumped up.. His face showed all shock and dis-belief'
Arnav-WHAT?????? WHAT THE - - - - DI'. I TOLD U AM NOT INTERSTED'  AND OUT OF ALL U COULD IMAGINE ME with NONE BUT THAT GIRL?? THAT GUPTA?
He roared on the top of his voice.. Anjali fumed too..

Anjali-calm down chote.. What is this.. don't yell, its not good for my baby..
Arnav fisted and turned his back on his Di..

Arnav-erm, sorry di but.. How can u even think that? She is so.. so class less.. ME and HER! Plz di, give me a break.. I am NOT interested in marriages and NOT AT all with that GUPTA.. get it straight Di' I wont repeat.. I don't like that girl'

He sounded firm and Anjali was taken a back.. But she smiled and snapped her fingers as something caught her attention'

Anjali-means u hate her?

Arnav-I dint say that..

Anjali-means there is a possibility that u can like, her right?
She grinned.. And Arnav turned to face her.. He was so getting irritated..

Arna-what the - - OKAY.. I HATE her, ok? Now STOP all this Di.. plz..

Anjali-Chote, pyaar nafrat se hei shuru hota hai.. (love starts at hate.. ) *giggles*

Arnav-DI.. STOP.. Go out, I have a conference call to attend..

Anjali-ok ok.. but u dint tell me, had u met her before too?
He went silent on Anjali's this question, and remembered his previous meets with khushi.. 

How she yelled on him the first time they met.. How she hugged him, how she managed to take a lift from him, and how she kept on blabbering something or the other when she was besides him..

He remembered their second meet, how they met in the temple and she said..

"Aap toh hamaare wale ASR hai na.." 
He felt something.. still unaware to know what, and not interested to explore what..
But still, he could not help it as she came back to his memory, as their second meet played like a video in side his eyes..
Her staring him.. Her sorry and thank you.. Her showing him attitude, her turning back on him and falling on his chest when she was forced to fall on him by that group of saints.. How he held her' She felt soft, just like a baby.. She fit perfectly in his vast frame..
His thoughts were interrupted as Anjali snapped her fingers in front of his eyes..
Anjali-lost??

Arnav-Out di.. I told u I had a conference call to attend u are disturbing me..
Anjali left pouting her sad face.. She so wished to work on this Khushi-Chote project still..

***
Down in the Hall.. RM..
Garima-Manoramaji, I - - I am honoured to get a proposal from u, but I need to talk to Khushi's papa too.. I am very happy that u urself brought on for us from ur side.. NK jaisa damaad milna toh bade such ki baat hai..(to get a son in law like NK is my priveledge..) But let me tell u, Khushi is not my biological daughter.. She is my sister's daughter.

Mami-So what? NK is also my sister's son, but he is more of my son since his parents died long back and I and my husband adopted him.. Well, today I and NK are alone, my husband passed away a few years back..
Garima-Hmm.. I will talk to Khushi's babuji and let u know more..

Mami-I know u wont deny, Khushi can be the lucky one if u say yes'

Garima smiled weak and nodded.. She left to search Khushi who was not seen since long.. She met a silent Khushi and caught her hand to leave. They met Anjali who was not happy to bid them bye.. They left..

***
Gupta House.. 10.00 pm..

Khushi and her amma left for their home, and Khushi went straight into her room to talk to her best friend, her Devi Mayya.. Khushi told her amma that NK proposed her on their way back in the rickshaw itself.. Khushi's amma diagnosed the matter, and finally, told her husband all what she talked today with Manorama Mami and what khushi told about NK proposing her..

Shahi-Look Garima,Panditji is a very reliable person.. If he has recommended the boy, then don't let the opportunity go.. Call Manoramaji and tell her yes right now.. I know khushi wont deny either.. still, ask her before telling yes to them..

Garima smiled weak and nodded..

Shashi-and then Khushi will g to U.S.A., far from here, and I will also go far, very far from u all..

Garima-plz don't speak so ji.. All will be good..
She kept her head on her husband's chest and sobbed.. Shashi consoled her.

Shashi-its ok, am not leaving u all till I see our Khushi settled.. Now stop crying and go and talk to her..

***

RM.. Same time..

Arnav's mobile screen had 9 new un-read texts, and some 7 missed calls.. Arnav came up after having his dinner, and took the mobile in his hand.. He was surprised to see his mobile screen.. He frowned his eye-brows and opened the messages..

***

Gupta house..

Garima went in Khushi's room..
Garima-Khushi, u are awake?

Khushi turned on her bed and asked her amma to join her.. Garima sat besides, and Khushi put her head in Garima's lap.. Garima pampered her hair and smiled..

Garima-Khushi, I talked to ur babuji.. He is happy with ur marriage proposal.. The boy is so good, cultured, and from U.S.A. .. U will live like a princess there. We are happy and wish to get u married there.. What do u say?

Khushi looked up..
Khushi-Amma I don't want to marry..

Garima-Why beta? Is this boy any sort of - -

Khushi-Na na amma, Nanheji seems nice, but - - but - - I cant leave u amma..
She hugged her amma.. She was actually not worried about this marriage talks.. She was just getting anxious, her Devi Mayya knows why!

Garima-Khushi, its time beta.. The boy is good.. If only u wish, we would like to say yes to his masi from u.. But there is no pressure beta..

Khushi-Amma, I don't know all this.. Since my childhood u have taken all wise decisions for me, and I leave it up to u.. I will d as u say. But amma, one thing is eating me. I cant see my husband in Nanheji.. H seems to - - to - - too much 'not so my types'.. I man I don't have a type, still.. We don't seem to be made for each other, do we?

Garima-Khushi, it happens.. When I was getting married to ur babuji, the same happened with me too.. I was so small and immature to know and understand it all.. But ur babuji, he supported me at every step.. NK will also understand u beta.. He is a good boy.. He will be a good husband too..

Khushi-amma. I am also so small, I am just 20.. why are u getting me married so soon?
Garima had answers which she was unable to speak.. She had answers, but no words to get them out.. How can she let Khushi know, that her babuji was dying.. With each passing day, her babuji was losing hopes to live, he was just living to do Khushi's kanya daan.. He was waiting to fulfil his last duty and leave the world..

Garima felt helpless to face Khushi's questions..
Garima-beta, do u trust me?

Khushi nodded..
Garima-Then don't ask questins.. Just tell yes. U will stay happy with NK, and we will be happy seeing u happy..
Khushi said a lame yes from her side and Garima informed the same to Mami.. Mami told NK who was dancing in happiness from inside.. Anjali heard the news and her already off mood was not at all changed into happening.. Arnav was not known to any of these facts, as he was up.. he was on some call..

The engagement was fixed for the next day, and some close relatives and quick cousins were invited in a hurry.. Khushi Buaji-Madhumati was called too.. She was a good at heart woman, a widow, and child-less.. She came from Lucknow specially to attend her Khushi's engagement..

NEXT DAY..RM..

Engagement was at RM.. Khushi was wearing a simple yellow chudidar and NK was wearing normal jeans and t-shirt as he was comfortable in the same.. Anjali was dressed in a simple blue Saree, not so happy.. With her was All time decorated Mami.. Khushi's family was here too..

Buaji-Hello Manoramaji, I am Khushi's bua..

Mami-oh. Hello hi bye bye..

Buaji-toh, shuru kare? (so..lets start..) Khushi, put your hand forward..
Khushi put her right hand and her amma asked her to put the left one.. She showed a bandage on her left hand's ring finger and so, without any arguments, NK pushed a ring in her right hand's ring finger.. She too made him wear one..

The engagement took place and NK blushed looking at khushi. Khushi smiled back and looked down.. She told yes to marry NK, just for her parents.. She was still not feeling heights of happiness which any girl would love to feel on her BIG day.. All dispersed for lunch which was at RM.. Khushi had her feet glued at the same spot where she was standing since long.. She seemed lost.. She was restless, and so was someone else, up..

***
Arnav's Room..
Arnav was up, in his room.. No one including Anjali forced him to come down..

He was not able to sleep at night.. The news he received yesterday night, was something too big.. There was all silence, just indicating a strong wave of disturbance and destruction on its way.. Arnav was sitting on the recliner inside his room.. His feet apart, on which rested his elbows. His face covered in his palms, and he looked up to show a pair of teary blood shot eyes... His nose flared. He cried..

Arnav-Di.. am sorry..
Is just he could speak.. He thinned his lips to stop his cries and pressed his eyes closed.. He took a long breathe and wiped his tears.. He sighed and opened his eyes and made a call..

Arnav-Hello Aman, I need help.. I got a call from Mumbai Airport about the blast that took place.. Jiju is no more.. Plz get his particulars collected.. I need to talk to Di, she is still un aware of the same..
He kept the call and closed his eyes again..

Arnav-Mom.. if only u would have been here.. if only..

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment