Sunday, February 3, 2013

Arhi FF - Married To Satisfy Her Last Wish - Chapter 8



xx

Chapter 8

It was quite a while khushi was looking for a summer job but she dint get one. Her only students - Rohan and Rohini were still enjoying their vacation and their school still had 3 months to re-open. It was once in a blue moon what happened one fine day.

Garima's rice cooker had already whistled thrice and she was getting hyper as today her helping hand was from Khushi. No matter khushi had always been the best helper to her amma, but, when ever she started passing her help, something or the other went wrong or slowed down.

Garima-khushi, u have still not made the rotis. You told me u will do that. If u were running slow, u should have told me na. now do it fast.

 Khushi-amma, amma, my young amma, (she hugged her amma from back..) take it slow, we still have time. I am done with the aata(roti-dough, i guess Tongue), and rotis will be packed hot today, just give me 15 mins.
Said a grinning khushi,  proud of her words. She left her amma and went to on the stove, and started making small round rotis, just the way her amma liked. Both mother-daughter were almost done, when the door bell rang.
LOL *Ting - Ting* LOL 

Garima-khushi, u see the daal and sabji, when its done, off the stove. Am going to see who is at the door. Khushi followed her ammaa's  orders.

Garima opened the door and was surprised to see Pandit (hindu priest) of the famous old chandni-chawk temple at her residential door.

Garima-panditji?! U ?! here?! how come? Plz come in.
Pandit smiled and entered with one of his assistants. He had worn Orange clothes-typical pandit types. He looked so old, maybe in his 80's. Bald and a bit Fat. His smile was still young though.

Pandit-Garima, beti, we are going to re-inaugurate the old chandi-chawk temple, and for that, we wanted a favour from u..

Garima-oh. that's great. What can we do? plz tell us.

Pandit-we have heard that ur Clay Idols are very beautiful, and we wanted the pleasure to get one done from ur hands for our temple. So, can u?

Garima-Hey DM,.. seriously? The pleasure is all mine. But - - erm, wait - - Khushiii.. eee Khushiii.. bring two glasses of water. Panditji has come..

Khushi was done winding up the kitchen, and there, Garima saw her daughter coming out with 2 water glasses. Khushi offers the same to the Pandit and his assistant. The Pandit explains the two ladies again how he would like them to make one Idol for them and after khushi's persistence, Garima agrees.

***

Now, instead of looking for a summer job, khushi started helping her mother using her artistic ways. Her mother was a good artist and so was khushi. Garima used to make beautiful God and Goddess idols from clay.

This year Garima had a project to make a new DM idol fom clay, for the old temple of chandi-chowk. Khushi decided to help her amma in the same. Garima was happy with it, and so was her husband. Khushi had a magic touch to turn dust into gold. She was good at what-ever she did by her heart, and that's what added to the beauty of her works. The secret of her success was to follow her heart.

The Gupta's had three months time to complete this new project.
Garima's Dabba service was running parallel with normal profit and their life was going well. Khushi and Garima had put huge efforts to carve the DM's idol in a beauty. Khushi carved the finishing touches, and added colours to the idol, just the way she made other's life colour-full.

***

After Three Months..

Its three months over and Anjali was to come to Delhi, from her sasural (in-laws) to her maayka ( maternal home )..
Arnav was on a call early morning..

Arnav-Aman , did u re-confirm Di's tickets? Hope u made them two, did u?
Aman-erm, ASR, I had told  that it was not possible, I - - I could not.

ASR-I don't have a habit to hear a NO aman, don't u know that?

Aman-sorrry ASR but..

Arnav-hw can di travel alone in this state? She is 6 months pregnant dammit.!
I told u that hardly one ticket can be confirmed.
Aman-ASR, I - -

Arnav-Just leave it.

Arnav cuts the call with aman and calls shyam.
Arnav-hello jiju, I guess by now u would have known that only a ticket has been possible for di..

Shyam-erm, yaa. I myself tried to book 2 for us together, but no luck. And its not that me and Anjali are next to Delhi, that we can come by road just by booking a taxi. Ahemdabad is not letting me move out with my wife. And even if we got tickets, then the journey would get too long!

Arnav-so that means di will hav to come alone?! I mean- - I can arrange my private jet..

Shyam-u think I would have not thought of that? Saale sahab, Anjali said that she can manage, and u know, that the airport staff will help her. If we want we can definitely come together in some way, but u have already booked economy tickets which are all sold out. *sigh*.. Anyway, Anjali is so confident to come alone, then be it. She will come there and I know she will be safe.

Arnav- u think so?

Shyam-I know so! And anyway it's a direct flight from Ahemdabaad to Delhi, she will reach in around 1.5-2 hours. I will drop her from here, u plz take some time off and pick up my girl. I mean my wife.

Arnav-obviously yes jiju, u think u need to tell me?! Bye jiju, tell me when her flight departs. I will wait.

Shyam-see u then..
 ***
Just in two days Anjali was off from Ahemdabaad to Delhi..  Shyam let Arnav know when her flight took off, and Arnav was ready to receive his elder sister, his second mother.

Anjali's baby bump was very much visible from that pink-purple silk saari. She reached and Arnav received her with a hug.

Arnav-missed u so much di. Missed u lots.

Anjali-ya, me too chote, me too.

Arnav-how have u been?

Anjali-am good.. and u, u look so thin.. anyway, i am here na, I will - -

Arnav- Baki baatein baadmei di.. Lets go home first.. (other talks later di.. lets go home first..)

[trivedishraddha-i would have added above.. HP AAPKO DEKHKE BAHUT KHUSH HOGA.. a line by Arnav, then i dropped it.. LOL 
BTW, HP is an old chacha here.. not Jawaan at all.. Tongue 
sooo sorry for the inturruption.. continue plz.. Embarrassed ]

They broke the hug and arnav kissed her di's cheeks. He wiped her happy tears and both shared a moment of joy. He took her luggage making way to the white SUV. Anjali sat in the car with her brother and made a call to shyam, informing him that she had arrived safely.

Anjali-hello, shyamji, I have reached here safely. Worry not. Are u fine? And did u have ur dinner?

Shyam-ya ya Rani Saheba. I am fine and will have my dinner soon. U are fine na, bas. What else? Is arnav around? U reached home?

Anjali-chote is driving, we are almost home. Want to talk to him? Wait, I will on the speaker.

They talk and in no time they arrived at RM.
Arnav (still on call with shyam) -jiju, I hope u have explained di what I had requested u to.

Anjali made an 'o' face and off the phone-speaker.
Anjali-chote, don't worry, I wont. And shyamji, am hanging up. Bye for now. See u then.

Shyam (flirts) -when Rani Saheba?

Anjali (blushes) - uff, aap bhi na. bye. Love u.

Shyam-love u too. Miss me.

Anjali-I wont, coz I wont forget u to miss u.. get it?

Shyam-love u Rani saheba. Take ur medicines on time, and take care of my baby. Good night.

Anjali cuts the call and Arnav gives a pleasant smile to his Di while they entered RM. Arnav was really at peace seeing his Di happy. He dint give any damm to anyone, he just cared and loved to care for his Di. She was his world, and he was happy that his world was all blooming with fragrance of happiness. Anjali settled in HER room, which was hers before she got married to Shyam Jha. HP shifted the luggage there and Anjali came down getting fresh.

HP was happy to see Anjali baby all happy and healthy. He had been serving to the Raizada's since Anjali's birth..
Arnav & Anjali had their dinner and talked for a while, or u can say Anjali chirped and Arnav listened. He was smiling seeing his Di after long, and that too the same as before. She was still a child at heart, be it she was carrying a 6 months baby at present.

After dinner Anjali slept in her room and Arnav went in his.

***

Next day..


The DM idol was ready and some men came at the Gupta's with the Pandit (Hindu Priest)
Khushi opened the door and welcomed the Pandit and team. All were highly impressed with the DM's large clay Idol khushi and her amma made. Their efforts reflected in the piece of art, and both were highly praised for their contribution. The Pandit's men took the Idol to arrange it for the inauguration and passed an envelope to the Gupta's.

Garima-what is this Panditji?

Pandit-it's a small token of appreciation.

Garima-oh no no, we cant accept this. Plz..

Khushi-yes Panditji, we dint do it for money, we- -

Pandit-I know, beta. But we assigned this to u professionally, and we would be satisfied if u accepted this. A small token of gratitude.

After some arguments, Garima acceted the financial return for her and her daughter's hardwork.

Panditji left a happy family behind, who were contended till the human limit possible. Pure at heart, and stress free at mind. DM was surely gonna bless them in her own ways, in return of what khushi did with her heart.

***

Anjali comes down and sees Arnav at the breakfast table. She comes and sits opposite to him.
Anjali-chote, u took ur medicines?

Arnav-ya di, u don't need to worry for me. And I know where u want to head on, so don't even think abut it. Am anyway going to office in a while.

Anjali-arey, u going? Then what will I do alone? Chote, if u don't mind, shuld we call our cousins for some days? Plz..

Arnav-NO di, not at all. I don't mind, but, then u wont rest, and I seriously don't want that. U will all day be busy with them and - -

Anjali-uff. Tumhara kuch nahi ho sakta.. ( Nothing can be done about u.. )

HP came with a glass of milk as Arnav had ordered beforehand. HP was instructed his do's and don'ts before Anjali came. He was well aware what to do and how to do.

Arnav-anyway, u took ur medicines?

Anjali-ya, I did.
Anjali took the newspaper which was just besides her hand and stopped her blabber for a while.

Anjali-wah! This is that same Chandi-Chawk temple! Arnav, remember when we were small, we used to go there with Amma and how u used to run when I would come to catch u. amma would do the pooja and we - -

Anjali stopped. Arnav was ASR for the world, but Anjali knew who Arnav really was. Time had made him a ruthless business figure, but he was a human too, with hidden feelings, silent emotions, calm as water - whose flow can have depths, or its tides can hit rocks.
Arnav was numb at his Maa's topic. Anjali saw the hurt and sadness in her chote's eyes and continued in a while.

Anjali-chote, I want to visit this temple, can u come with me? Plz.

Arnav stood up from his place.
Arnav-Di, I don't believe in all this and u know it well. So neither am I going, nor do u need to. If u want to worship God, then u could do it here too. We do have a small temple in here, don't we?

Anjali felt the mocking in his statement. Arnav never used to worship the small temple at his own place. HP did the cleaning on the same time-to-time.

Anjali-ok, I know that. But I want to wear the gifts, I told u naa, shyamji brought for me?! The red saari and bindi and - - anyway, I will go myself with the driver if u don't come with me.

Arnav-ok fine, u know I wont agree still, I have to bow down myself every time, when u start exploring reasons. We will go tomorrow, and plz don't tell me anything more, I mean to come in or meet anyone, coz I wont.

Anjali-muaahh� love u chote.
He went up finishing the breakfast and Anjali continued hers. Later arnav went at AR office and finished some works just to leave home early. He had his di waiting after all. It felt him nice to think that someone was waiting for him. He winded up his work and left for home.
There was lots of traffic and he came to know the reason was that it was re-inauguration of the chandi-chawk temple the other day, some new clay idol of DM was to be inaugurated. He remembered it was the same temple his di were to visit the next day. He mentally planned not to let Anjali di come here at any cost after seeing the crowd.

He reached home and saw his Di watching the t.v. set and the news on there was all about the crowd waiting to see the new changes of the old temple. The commentator  was just starting to talk about the DM idol when arnav came in. He saw Anjali seeing the same news and mentally said a 'what the-'

Anjali-chote, u came.how was ur day? see, this is the same temple we are going to see tomorrow. Am so excited. U know, they are going to inaugurate a new clay made DM idol too. Come, sit , lets see more.

Arnav-di, I just came. And plz, am not interested in the same. Tell me, how was your day?
He switched off the t.v. and looked at Anjali in a serious way.
Anjali-my day was good chote, but why did u switch off the t.v.? anyway, we are going there tomorrow and I cant afford to be late ha.

Arnav-di, I dint mind taking u anywhere, but this place is gonna be too much crowded and I cant risk taking u there in this state.

Anjali-chote, kuch nahi hota. (nothing happens.)

Arnav-ya di, still.

Anjali-chote plz, tomorrow is a big day for this temple right? And I have so many memories locked with the same. Plz chote, let me there. plz.

Arnav-fine. Will see. BTW, u had ur dinner right?

Anjali-hmm, I had to, the smallie was kicking out of hunger, sorry cpuld not wait. He he. *giggles* U go and change and I will serve u. am bored sitting in one place. Lets see what I have made for u. Big smile

Arnav sighs.
Arnav-di, u did the cooking?? Jiju will kill me. And leave about him, I will kill u. ur here to rest Di. Others are here to do the needful.

Anjali-uff, u think a lot. Go and change and come. I am waiting.
She smiled and pushed him upwards towards his room and arnav got down after getting fresh. He had his dinner and later, he saw his di had made 'Sugar-free Badaam - Kheer' for him, his favourite.
Arnav-I so missed u di. I so missed u.
He repeated as tears formed in his eyes. Arnav had always found felt motherly love in Anjali, after their amma passed away..

Anjali-am here chote, no more tears now.
She smiled at him and they both fed each other. Shyam's call came and Anjali moved up bidding a bye to her chote.
Arnav too finished his desert and went up to sleep peacefully. His little world was contented till today. Who knows if he will realise tomorrow that his small world was empty indeed, no one knew what was stored for him in tomorrow.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment