Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Hallucinations - Chapter 26 - The Saree Day


***

Chapter 26 - The Saree Day
 

AR Office..

Lavanya came to office and it was a Saree Day today, she came in a Blue Saree.. Aman was desperate to see her and was early quite a few hours then his normal shift, not having seen his lady love since 2 days.. She too was early and both left for his Cabin up, where they could spent some quality time..

*

AR Flats..

Khushi was still to get ready and ASR kept ringing bell at her Flat.. She flared her nose and called him on his mobile..

Khushi-He - low? Arnav ji stop ringing the bell.. I am busy!

ASR-See, I knew you're home and have missed your office bus.. But what is taking you so long? Are you well? I mean..

Khushi-I know I am late.. I am well but.. Today, is a Saree day.. And I can't understand from where to start..

She pouted and took a sigh..

Khushi-Actually Payal was to come but, she is still sleeping I guess..

ASR-Oh! So, um.. What now?

Khushi-I.. I need time.. You, can leave..

ASR-Okay, I mean no.. Take your time.. I'll be waiting at my Flat, let me know when you are ready, okay..?

Khushi-Hmmm.. Theek hai..
She nodded and disconnected the call..
He waited for some 30 minutes playing some game in his phone.. He saw the time and thought of calling Khushi but she was irritated he guessed..

He decided to wait..

***

Khushi saw herself from top to bottom in the mirror.. The same Black Netted Saree she had draped around herself, which was his first gift to her.. She wore it herself and was so happy and excited.. She was ready, and so, taking her wet hairs in a bun she left turning away..

*

ASR's Flat..

Khushi ran out through the corridor and to his door, she rushed in his drawing room and he looked up at her.. His breathe hitched and he got up from his seat letting the mobile fall on the sofa seat..

ASR-Khushi.. This..
She nodded smiling, he understood this is the saree he had given her that night.. She looked beautiful.. Only her hairs messed up.. He smiled walking to her..

He went and opened her hair clip and she touched her wet hairs, but with that, she moved back and gasped looking down.. His eyes too went down, as those loose Saree pleats opened up and she held the opened Saree and looked at him embarrassed..

Khushi-Hey Devi Mayya.. Hum kya karee? Yeh reh hei nahi rahe apni jagah par.. Thodi der aur rahenge isme toh yeh poori khul jayegi.. ( What do I do? It does not stay in it's place.. If I be here for a bit longer these will open up completely..)

ASR-Then stay na..
He said with a mischievous smile.. She turned to him with a frown..

Khushi-What?? No!!
She almost yelled and he held her arm..

ASR-No.. I meant, wait.. I can help..

He pulled her nearer then she already was.. Their breathe mixing..
Khushi-You, you know how to drape a Saree??

ASR-I can help you with the pleats..
She gulped losing her control on her senses..

Khushi-Okay.. Only, help..

He nodded and saw the Saree she had draped was properly done.. He studied her dressing pattern again, revolving around what had become his little world lately, Khushi..

She raised her brows and saw him shrugging her shoulders.. He smiled and did the pleats for her looking down, and gulped before pushing them inside her skirt, to hang them on her waist, just below her navel.. She bit her lower lip..

The touch of his fingers on her cold skin made her hold his strong shoulders tightly, and she curled her toes together.. He too took a moment to compose himself and took a step behind then..

There was silence..
Khushi-This won't open again na?

ASR-Not unless I wish.. Um.. I mean, n, no..

Khushi saw him understanding..
Khushi-I can understand, so no double meaning..

ASR-Khushi.. I am being me.. Anyway, leave this veil (pallu) free.. Or, I can do the pleats here too..
She held onto her chest holding her Saree there..

Khushi-No.. This much is enough for now..
She blushed and turned..

Khushi-Thank you Arnav ji.. Aap nahi hote toh, pata nahi hamara kya hota.. ( Had you not been there for me what would happen with me?)

ASR-Nothing hota..

She turned to him..
Khushi-Ya Ya.. Now planning to stare me from behind all day?

ASR-But we are late.. Those honours from office..

She pulled his wrist nodding in denial and he chuckled getting his phone.. They left once she took her phone and purse and their Flats were locked..

***

The AR Office was looking like a colourful paradise.. The Saree Theme was followed among woman with very much excitement.. The ambience felt different..

*

ASR called the Tattoo Artist, Mr. Philip Roberts using his few contacts, and invited him as a special guest for the Party Lavanya and Aman were to throw.. The arrangement for Lavanya's surprise was done.. Aman could not thank ASR enough..

*

ASR kept coming at his window and opened the blinds to see Khushi now and then, Khushi too knew this well.. They chatted on AR Messenger, and finally the last 2 hours of her shift came when she went up to his Cabin to dedicate all her office time now..

***

ASR's Cabin..

Khushi knocked and came in..

ASR-Yes, Miss. Gupta.. Sit..

She smiled sitting.. They started their work and he flirted a bit, but she warned him to concentrate as they were now given a 2 weeks dead line for this Project..

They worked for a while but ASR could not stop himself from asking her and ended up with this..

ASR-Khushi, I mean, Miss. Gupta, I was wondering how those pleats dint open up??

Khushi-Excuse me??

She did her Saree proper on her shoulders and he rolled his eyes..

Khushi-Well, firstly your question is not related to our work topic.. But as you're so keen, let me tell you Lavanya helped me pin those.. And, secondly, thanks for your concern..

ASR-No, wait.. Why did you need her help? I was here all the time..

Khushi-Arnav ji! I mean, Sir.. Shut up.. Thodi si taarif toh hamari hui nahi aapse.. Ek coffee ke liye tak toh pucha nahi.. Lunch ke liye bhi nahi pucha.. Saara din chala gaya.. Kyu le phir hum aapki madad? ( U dint praise me, neither asked me for coffee nor lunch, why should I have taken your help?)

ASR-What the!

Khushi-Exactly.. Itni hei salary hai kya aapki? Hame kahi baahar lee jane ka soojha bhi nahi aapko.. Humne kya kya socha tha, aur aap ne toh kuch bhi nahi kiya.. (Is your salary so less? Dint even consider taking me out.. I had thought what not, u did nothing..)

ASR went towards her now.. She was angry a bit, but her angry pout was so cute..

He made her stand and held her hands.. He smiled pushing her locks behind her ears and made her see him holding her shoulder and chin..

ASR-Salary? Well, dinner pe le jaa saku, itni toh hai.. Chalogi aaj raat mere saath? ( I earn atleast that much to take u out on a dinner.. Will u come out with me?)

She smiled, her answer was obvious..

**

(to be continued)

4 comments:

  1. Sheer brilliance!! haiye haiye!! pleasts!!! *blush* tucked by ASR!! lo am floored!!
    so they are going out!! can we get a Kiss?? u know!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww...first date..Kuts, please update soon.. I cannot wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely update dear.my favorite story.Good work dear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey when is the next chapter??

    ReplyDelete